Finally Friday!!

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited April 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

It's Friday, and I've just got to get through today before I have a weeks holiday :mrgreen:

Went out on a ride last night and found some nice singletrack that takes me back home, so I'm slowly building up a decent ride. So far it's only 5 miles, but it's a nice blast.

Tonight I'll be back in Bury. The joys.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Yeah Friday

Current wife is off to a stupidly expensive spa for the weekend, which means I've got to do the school run - therefore I'm working from home today

Later should be the pub, but as the rugrats are in a production of cats this weekend I'm going to be sober and driving them around - the worse bit....... The wife is taking my car so I shall be driving a ferkin beetle convertible :(

Right, more tea and completing a board pack awaits
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Morning ladies

alarm is only bearable because it's FRYDAY!

Today i will make it look like i am amazingly busy while doing fark all, i shall leave before lunch and be home early enough to get in a nice long walk and some outdoor type sport done.

Then beers will happen.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all,
    Slow start as I'm taking the large male child to the quack's. He has the same cough I do, just in a monosyllabic 16 year old version. As a result I'll have to skip going to the cafe, this is very bad. But the others will bring me fry-up in bread which is good.
    Onwards... to getting out of bed.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Drove to work, arrived in a bad mood. Work meh, followed by pub lunch then a bit more work then home early to look after the young un while the youngerer one goes to a party. Think I'll take him out if the weather is still good. At least the in-laws will be gone by the time I get home. This deserves a smilie :D
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    Morning Ladies !

Yep, TGIF !!!

Nice ride out last night with local group.

Gym this morning - decent workout.

Off to Bedford for quick site visit.

Need to drop off my motorbike to garage tomorrow for rear wheel bearings.

Barbecue with mates tomorrow afternoon and Speedway GP and football....looking good.

have a good one chaps.

Chris
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    kinioo wrote:
    Need to drop off my motorbike to garage tomorrow for rear wheel bearings.
    Tell me how much that costs as I need them too!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Morning, half day for me to get the stitches removed, thank fark! Hoping i'll be able to get out biking again soon, plus get a decent nights sleep and have a bit more mobility in the neck.

Working the weekend (obviously as the weathers to be great), but can't complain as nothing will be as rubbish as my previous job!
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Sun is semi out, im semi and the bike is in the car.

Gentle spin round what's open on the twrch trail tonight just to keep the legs moving :)
  • im semi

Way too much information there...

This afternoon might involve attempting to hide expensive shiny things from the wife. Tonight involves a stag do and curry. Tomorrow will no doubt be assisted by pills.
  • tlw1
    im semi

Way too much information there...

This afternoon might involve attempting to hide expensive shiny things from the wife. Tonight involves a stag do and curry. Tomorrow will no doubt be assisted by pills.

what have you bought?

I've just left my carbon stem at the bike shop, so they can fit it when it goes in for a service next week........... the wife will never know :)
  • Most of a 105 groupset for the, erm... ahhh... well... Fast bike, yes thats it, the fastest of my bikes...

*runs away*
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    matthew h wrote:
    Later should be the pub, but as the rugrats are in a production of cats this weekend I'm going to be sober and driving them around - the worse bit....... The wife is taking my car so I shall be driving a ferkin beetle convertible :(
    Is that one of those with the plastic flower on the dashboard? :lol: As it's a convertible you'll be able to hear all the abuse...

Anyhow we're nearly there - the weekend approaches and a there's lot of footy to follow. Just have to keep myself awake with coffee 'till pedalling home time.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Is that one of those with the plastic flower on the dashboard? :lol: As it's a convertible you'll be able to hear all the abuse...

:oops: the flower has been shoved in the boot
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    just got paid for taking a dump at work... awesome..
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    And hear the local scrotes pointing and laughing as he drives down the road.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

jealous?
  • tlw1
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

jealous?

as there is no need to be :(

Just rand my dad to borrow a car but he is still at work :(
  • veronese68
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

jealous?
    Of someone driving a car with a hood that folds like one on an old pram? no. I take it the roof will be staying up and you will be wearing a paper bag in case anyone that knows you should see you.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

jealous?
    Of someone driving a car with a hood that folds like one on an old pram? no. I take it the roof will be staying up and you will be wearing a paper bag in case anyone that knows you should see you.

the roof stayed up & I didn't go through town!
  • veronese68
    matthew h wrote:
    PC Plod "Why were you speeding sir"
    Matt H "Would you want to be seen in this?"
    PC Plod "Fair enough, carry on sir."
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    PC Plod "Why were you speeding sir"
    Matt H "You picking on my because you think I'm g4y?"
    PC Plod "Fair enough, carry on sir."
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    PC Plod "Why were you speeding madam"
    PC Plod "Fair enough, carry on love"
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • tlw1
    bg13 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    PC Plod "Why were you speeding madam"
    PC Plod "Fair enough, carry on love"

:evil:
  • Stevo_666
    3536069305_53228ef87f.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    3536069305_53228ef87f.jpg

It is one of those colours
  • Stevo_666
    They're all pretty offensive :)
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:

No argument from here
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

No argument from here
    I think you should show this thread to your wife :lol:
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

No argument from here
    I think you should show this thread to your wife :lol:

She knows exactly how I feel about the car, and is now using it as an opportunity to upgrade :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    She knows exactly how I feel about the car, and is now using it as an opportunity to upgrade :roll:
    How exactly could she downgrade from that?