Tuesday morning thread.

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 7,976
edited April 2015 in The bottom bracket
No early night last night as the family engineer (me) was called out to assist with some ikea wardrobes, still up at 6 for a pre work ride.

Hopefully today will be short and I'll end up bed by 8.30 as I'm goosed and wanted to stay in bed today.

Onwards to completing the strava climbing challenge and more tea!
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Seriously considering that getting up, getting coffee and returning to bed this morning to spend my time sat in bed winding up folk on here is possibly not the best use of my day.

Oh s0d it! I'm getting up now, my conscience has just got the better of me.

Going to stare at some art, it's ok I am a qualified professional, don't try this at home :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all,
    Still coughing my lungs up on a regular basis, still hurts like hell because my ribs hurt. This is not good and I've had enough of it. It's a lovely sunny day out there and I enjoyed most of the ride in, even though it hurt. It still beats sitting in traffic though. Hoping for a quiet day today without interruptions from retail customers. Unfortunately I doubt it.
    T47, you not venturing into the Gillian thread then? I'm getting bored of it, there are only so many ways you can call someone a hairy palmed fool.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    35.1km in the bag, shit-shave-shower, fruit for breakfast and driving the desk my 9.05am.

I need to knock 5 minutes off the loop.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Daughters 15th birthday today, a quick 33km in before the birthday girl arose from her pit....

Breakfast of porridge and a banana.Bank notification of a rather large and essential payment received today, off for teen daughters birthday meal this evening before a Skype/business call at 20.00 tonight...
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Slept badly last night and woke up with a killer headache which I still have!

But got 35 miles in and was at my desk for 9! so think i'm winning so far :-)
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Veronese68 wrote:
    T47, you not venturing into the Gillian thread then? I'm getting bored of it, there are only so many ways you can call someone a hairy palmed fool.

Making stupid people look stupid is not fun, making intelligent people look stupid, now that is fun, I am starting out with myself and then when I have perfected my technique I will try it on others, doing rather well at the moment, need to find some intelligent people to wind up, any suggestions? :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    team47b wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Making stupid people look stupid is not fun, making intelligent people look stupid, now that is fun, I am starting out with myself and then when I have perfected my technique I will try it on others, doing rather well at the moment, need to find some intelligent people to wind up, any suggestions? :D
    You're right. I still find it hard to believe how stupid some people are. Yet I'm strangely drawn in, makes me pretty stupid too I guess. But I don't pretend to be clever or enlightened.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    edited April 2015
    team47b wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

You're probably in the wrong forum for that :)

Evenin', woke up at stupid o'clock thinking about a knotty work problem but all was cured by a good blast into work and back on the bike and some tea. Bloody lovely riding weather out there today.

Tomorrow will be free bacon-based brekky and a techy 'round table discussion' with a small group of anoraks, sorry peer group :) Helps avoid work for a while anyway.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Slept badly last night and woke up with a killer headache which I still have!

But got 35 miles in and was at my desk for 9! so think i'm winning so far :-)

35 miles and at the desk by 7.25 :wink:
  • veronese68
    I think whoever got to the pub first is the true winner.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I think whoever got to the pub first is the true winner.

No pub for me :(
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Matt lost for a change.

well nobody here died so that is a start. My ride was vaguely good, just ruined by the collapse of my superstar garmin/gopro mount which send garmin and gopro spilling across a road after a bolt has worn loose or snapped or god knows what (couldn't find it and I was on a busy road with a blind bend on the hill)

Less than impressed
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    gopro
    Hope it's OK - could be very useful in June :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    gopro

After today's meeting I might have a source for these in the future at a stupidly low price
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    gopro

After today's meeting I might have a source for these in the future at a stupidly low price
    Hmm - interesting :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited April 2015
    Thank god for that - Tuesday is nearly over.

Blah blah wall to wall blah blah politics in telly. Well, they do call it the idiots lantern.

Laters.

PS Might challenge V68 to a coughing competition.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Flâneur
    Well Matt you just let us know,

All seems ok, just need to write an email to superstar and be snotty (rubbish at that) and call GoPro for a new back (easy with that)
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    Will do - asked for a couple of demo versions already ;)
  • veronese68
    PS Might challenge V68 to a coughing competition.
    You'll lose. I'm more than proficient having had a lot of practice.
  • veronese68
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Well Matt you just let us know,

All seems ok, just need to write an email to superstar and be snotty (rubbish at that) and call GoPro for a new back (easy with that)
    Be interesting to see how that goes. Their attitude in the road buying forum gets slated, but in the MTB section they seem to be rather better received.
  • Flâneur
    Yeah, saw some sh!t on the carbon wheel thread, guy has a point though, contact them first before you bitch, I may have been unlucky but still, watchin £500 of kit fall off my bike at 30mph doesn't make me happy or confident
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy