Mooday

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited April 2015 in The bottom bracket
Ello my not so beautiful friends.

Anyone got a good suggestion for holiday villa rentals in Chianti or maybe the coast of Italy please? Don't care for much except good food wine and a pool.

Apart from that nothing much to say have a good day all
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Mornin' All

can't really help on the Villa front (unless it is of the Aston kind as I live in the midlands!).7

I had the most first world of all the problems today, too many bikes and not enough Garmin mounts.

Trying to decide if I can justify buying an entirely new one as I could do with another speed and cadence sensor as well so could go for one of the bundles. Mine is quite old now.... hmmmmmm.......
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Anyone got a good suggestion for holiday villa rentals in Chianti or maybe the coast of Italy please? Don't care for much except good food wine and a pool.
    We've stayed here a couple of times. It suits our purposes, but you need a car to get around. If you have a bike with you it's very lose to the marked route for L'Eroica. Friends of mine run the bar in the nearest village and another friend runs the agency that hires the places out. So I may be a little biased. There are plenty of other places on that website.

Afternoon all,
    Mildly busy in here, but not too bad. Still got this cough, but managed to ride in this morning. Not too bad as long as I didn't try too hard. Good to be back on two wheels though. Got to eat my sarnies then phone another customer. Deep joy.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Not in those regions but we have one on Lake Como if thats any use?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Always worth showing me so I can be indecisive! Cheers

And cheers v68 always good to have some options which people recommend
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Went to the machine shop today, my isetta steering bushes were skimmed, fitted and reamed for alignment, 20 euros, cash, all I had to do was reassemble the steering box and connect up the brakes, clutch, accelerator etc and was then given a dozen free range eggs by the mechanics dad who keeps chickens in the yard, test drove the car home, it was fine.

Just had a hard boiled egg based snack, lovely :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Absolute c*** of a day, as Kevin Bloody Wilson once sang. Head office morons trying make my life difficult while simultaneously trying to throw away millions of quid. Grrrr. Hope that recruitment bod calls me back this week, I am getting keener on my exit strategy by the day.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Murphy's law: If it can go wrong, it will go wrong.
    Which means that Murphy has a direct influence on Tuesday, which is notoriously shyte.

Where are the usual suspects?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Murphy's law: If it can go wrong, it will go wrong.
    Which means that Murphy has a direct influence on Tuesday, which is notoriously shyte.

Where are the usual suspects?

Laters.
    Dunno.

My day was topped off by Stropteen announcing that she wanted to lose weight (presumably her impending first summer holiday as a teenager may have had something to do with it), so to solve the 'problem' she'd persuaded SWMBO that we were only going to have one lot of take away food/eating out per month. My polite alternative suggestion that she should do some more ferkin exercise instead of sitting on her ar$e playing on her iPad didn't go down too well.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    A nice relaxing day. Morning spent in Bridport seeing clients. Picnic lunch overlooking Chesil Beach and the afternoon in Weymouth.

Did you know that in the 70s/80s Weymouth used to have the highest number of pubs per head of population than any other town in the UK. So one of my clients told me, something to do with the Portland Naval base and Devonish brewery. Both now gone. But still tons of watering holes. Must catch the train there one day and sample some of the local ales.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Bollox. The highest number of pubs per capita was Newton Stewart.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    You only need a few pubs, one for going out with the family, one for meals and a couple of options with the lads