FAO - Anyone interested in quick cars

VTech
VTech Posts: 4,736
edited April 2015 in The cake stop
After 6 months we finally have this car built and ready to run. This is the initial footage of the first throttle run down the track and some pictures of the car on the airfield. It is our twin turbo lamborghini, running around 1250hp @ wheels (1600hp)

Turbo kit by Heffner
Carbon by RSC Tuning
Preparation and build by HeitmannTech/Oakley Design.
Driving by "The Stig" (currently unemployed)

10-180mph in under 20 seconds.

Watch Here ***** https://youtu.be/6eoFgp9mlws *****

GL3mgS.jpg
bfrwKO.jpg
Zyxipd.jpg
71FgIm.jpg
WdttaC.jpg
Living MY dream.

Comments

• mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    Holy moly!
    Insert bike here:
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    That's all very well, but if I had to nip down to B&Q how much wood would fit in it? :D
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Graham. wrote:
    That's all very well, but if I had to nip down to B&Q how much wood would fit in it? :D

i would have a lot of wood, if i was driving that car........ but i still think it sounds cxap next to a fireblade with a termignomi titanium exhaust system.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Oof! How does the roof cope? :)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • VTech
    We are still in the testing stages as the car is built to go quick, around 230mph.
    The roof should be fine, we have to alter aero on the car as it lifts a little around 170-180mph.
    Also the clutch is no good, can't engage gears when standstill so needs fixing.
    Living MY dream.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Graham. wrote:
    Loads, you just put the roof down.
  • veronese68
    VTech wrote:
    We are still in the testing stages as the car is built to go quick, around 230mph.
    The roof should be fine, we have to alter aero on the car as it lifts a little around 170-180mph.
    Also the clutch is no good, can't engage gears when standstill so needs fixing.
    Those things always had trouble with clutches. Within the first few months of launch the clutch went through 5 or 6 supersessions and upgrades. Have you upgraded the clutch to cope with the increase in power?
  • VTech
    Ours is the later car, it didn't have the issues of the Pre-LP.
    We have since found that the OEM clutch will cope with the power as we are only running 1250hp@wheels (around 1600bhp)
    Boost kicks in later in the rev range so isn't a clutch killer as such.
    Living MY dream.
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Graham. wrote:
    I got a whole bathroom suite from BandQ in the back of my Renault Scenic. Don't think it does 180 though :cry:
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    jawooga wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Graham. wrote:
    I got a whole bathroom suite from BandQ in the back of my Renault Scenic. Don't think it does 180 though :cry:

Pull the handbrake on at 30 it should do a 180 :D

Back OT, which bit is yours vetch? (Stooopid ipad)
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    VTech wrote:
    Boost kicks in later in the rev range so isn't a clutch killer as such.
    That's obvious now it's written in front of me. :oops:
    Standing starts are the clutch killer, especially with flippy flappy gearboxes. I don't know how much they've improved in the last few years but a manual was much easier on clutches as long as people know how to use one properly.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaa0wj1i_WeMsTrTDI_IT30hco2ciA8D7Yy63dYwbHVtdlya4D

• RideOnTime
    GetFile.aspx?File=Lady%20Di%20Metro.jpg

• RideOnTime
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSS0_AmiofRqJf9Qi-pekM6q8hCCOCPMWgW_5V_CL1YzDkTx2JRBQ

5514194613_5a86ce6dbc_b.jpg

Joshua_Tree_-_Love_car.jpg
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Looks and sounds great
  • VTech
    For Rideontime:

Odd choice of posts but maybe you have done your homework and viewed the history of the cars I've prepped and been involved in?

abarth-fiat-500-assetto-corse.jpg
    Metro-6R4-1.jpg
    Nico_Rosberg_Canada_2006.jpg
    Living MY dream.
  • RideOnTime
    Fair do's... a lot of work to get an Allegro to that.
  • VTech
    Sadly Alegro racing was just before my time, they didn't run unable injection either so not my department, cams and flow work for them babies.
    Living MY dream.
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    VTech, what can you do with a standard 2008 Porsche Cayman? Needs a bit more poke.

(And please don't say buy a Cayman S!!)
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,746
    VTech, what can you do with a standard 2008 Porsche Cayman? Needs a bit more poke.

Quite a lot I would imagine.
    The Cayman is deliberately handicapped so that it doesn't match a 911.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • VTech

Software, intake filters and exhaust is the way to go, you will see decent gains, faster throttle, better low and midrange punch and a much sportier sound.
    These are great cars, I love them.
    Living MY dream.
  • Is there anything that can be done to a 2011 Fiat Doblo 1.6 TDI? It doesn't quite match the Lambo's performance, but I think it really should.
  • VTech
    Is there anything that can be done to a 2011 Fiat Doblo 1.6 TDI? It doesn't quite match the Lambo's performance, but I think it really should.

89hp or 104hp ?
    Both are incredibly tuneable with just software giving 40% increase in power and torque as well as better mileage.
    Living MY dream.
  • VTech wrote:
    Is there anything that can be done to a 2011 Fiat Doblo 1.6 TDI? It doesn't quite match the Lambo's performance, but I think it really should.

89hp or 104hp ?
    Both are incredibly tuneable with just software giving 40% increase in power and torque as well as better mileage.

I'm not sure which one it is. It's currently in the dealership I bought it from getting some major work done. Once I've got it back ill check the book and see. I'd love to get more mileage out of it. It's our company car and roadtrip mobile.

Some new software sounds good. How much does that normally cost?
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437

Love the looks of the Cayman but decided to buy the 911 Carrera 4 Instead, love every single minute driving it, it is so addictive.
  • VTech
    There is only 1 problem with the 911.
    once you have had one, your ruined as nothing else competes.
    Living MY dream.
  • veronese68
    Velonutter wrote:

Love the looks of the Cayman but decided to buy the 911 Carrera 4 Instead, love every single minute driving it, it is so addictive.
    I still can't get used to the name Cayman. I'd read that as Cayenne in all the earlier posts and it was only on reading VN's post I thought it odd as they are such different cars, then I twigged. Names are too similar for a daft fool like me.
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    Yeah, not a great name, but I think Cayenne is worse than Cayman!

Picked mine up for not much money - less than a Golf GTi of similar age.

France is in depression and seems noone is buying cars for enjoyment.

Mine's only done 30 000 miles and it's immaculate. Wasn't sure what I thought at first, felt a bit odd, but 6 months later, I've grown to love it; it's cornering ability is phenomenal, and the feedback is sublime - you really can turn fast in total safety. Have to watch the back end in the wet though, I've had 2 big power slides already!
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Mines 4 wheel drive Berni and even in the ice you could slam it in a corner and it would hold it's line, my son drove mine before I picked it up from the dealer and a 2 wheel drive 2005 997 and he liked the 4 wheel drive better. I have to admit that you just slam it into roundabout and accelerate out of them (When it is in a quiet area 8) :mrgreen: ) and it just pulls and pulls without giving an inch.

I have to admit that I love the new Cayman, it is bloody gorgeous as is the new Boxster, but I'm staying with the 911 as I can't afford or want to change.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    I suppose fettling a 2.5 ton pick up is a bit pointless!

shinytruck.jpg
    Advocate of disc brakes.