Super Sunday

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
edited April 2015 in The bottom bracket
Since we missed the Saturday thread...

I've done all the jobs I want to do today (subject only to wife interference) and am now having a big steaming mug of coffee while enjoying a bit of peace that only comes from the rest of the family being out of the house :) . Hopefully the footy will be enjoyable and the Manc Derby should be a good 'un to watch from a neutral observers point of view.

Hoping to hear something back about an interesting job oppo in the next week - well, whether they want to see me not whether I've got it.
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Don't think there is such a thing as a "neutral" as far as the Mancunian Derby is concerned!!

Gonna watch any of the Paris Roubaix later Stevo?
    See how proper cyclists tackle some rough terrain! :wink:

Good look with the job hunt.
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Don't think there is such a thing as a "neutral" as far as the Mancunian Derby is concerned!!

Gonna watch any of the Paris Roubaix later Stevo?
    See how proper cyclists tackle some rough terrain! :wink:

Good look with the job hunt.
    I think I'm as close to not caring who wins the Manc derby as you can get !

Paris - Roubaix? I'll give you rough terrain :wink:

No rush with the job thing, but hoping to at least get some practice in now the market is picking up and recruitment consultants are actually offering job opps to me rather than just pushing CV's of spotty newly qualifieds in my direction.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I think I'm as close to not caring who wins the Manc derby as you can get !
    Really? I'm m pretty sure my "give-a-fuckometer" is failing to register. Even now that I know such an event is taking place. I certainly won't be watching.
    Slow start to the morning after going to a neighbours 50th last night. Going to drop the boy off at rugby training and venture in to the Aldi bike sale to see what quality products I can buy. Still feel like sh!t so just as well I gave away my spot for the HOTN ride. Might have another cup of tea.
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Paris - Roubaix? I'll give you rough terrain :wink:

Easy with knobbly tyres and dual suspension.... :wink:

Although Wiggo's new bike has built in suspension now!
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Roll on Paris-Roubaix, best classic of the season. I'll be rooted to the spot just hoping thing 1 and thing 2 don't play up so much that I can't watch it in peace.

Meanwhile, as a distraction - Come on QPR. Never thought i'd say that.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Disc brakes on road bikes, now suspension on road bikes :shock: Next thing you know, you lot might even be having fun riding your bikes :wink:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Disc brakes on road bikes, now suspension on road bikes :shock: Next thing you know, you lot might even be having fun riding your bikes :wink:

lots of fun doing the Telford Toothpaste today :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:

Is that the annual teeth brushing event for residents of Telford?

Shane_macgowans_teeth.jpg
  • pinno
    Great P-R. Pity you lot don't give a monkeys.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:

Is that the annual teeth brushing event for residents of Telford?

Shane_macgowans_teeth.jpg

It was riding bikes fast, you wouldn't understand
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    What about all those times we had to wait for you at BPW? :wink:
  • pinno
    Pain and suffering for glory unlike Stevo's pain and suffering 'cos he's had an off and the only end product - broken things.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    y'all forgot the Masters too
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    What about all those times we had to wait for you at BPW? :wink:

I need distance to go fast :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    y'all forgot the Masters too
    And the World Cup Downhill. Who wants to watch blokes riding on cobbles when you've got this on the box:
    http://www.redbull.com/uk/en/bike/events/1331684002884/uci-mtb-world-cup-2015-round-1-lourdes-france
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Ha, tomorrow at work, may be football highlights (the derby, only a Cesc goal in the London dross) and Paris Roubaix.

I bet on city to win today as well :( girl I'm dating is a vague city fan so felt it was a good idea as we mooched around the Tate and generally did Sunday things.

All beat the hell out of riding a bike in grim conditions and my ankle is a mess after a small tester yesterday. Odd considering how it came through a 150 mile 19mph average 11,000ft climbing ride on Thursday. Stupid human body, I'll blame the physio.

Anyway hope you all had a decent sunday with a good brew and no kids or wives getting in the way.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    HAD TO go to a winery open day yesterday and sample a complete range of wines, tough job but someone had to do it, driven there and back so Mrs T and I could both partake, sunshine, surrounded by vines, and wine, great day out :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike