Fake Monday (Tuesday)

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited April 2015 in The bottom bracket
Morning,

Guessing Stevo is happy after the weekends football.

Glad you all enjoyed a few mm of rain or just sun. Sea mist here all yesterday and today. Can't say my weekend was amazing with hindsight, ankle feels like it has gone back a few weeks after 1 proper ride and 1 recovery. Therefore if anyone is trying to get a hell of the north ticket let me know. I would prefer not to see it wasted (though I am still tempted, I just have half an eye on Mallorca come May)

Onwards to the meetings and the admin catch up that I have been instructed not to touch so a colleague will do it and become grounded, and pigs might fly
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Morning tarmacers, some stats for you.

13 fence panels were sucessfuly painted, trimmed and installed over the weekend.
    66.9km's were ridden.
    24 beers were drunk.
    6 bottles of wine were drunk.
    1 chair was painted
    2 headaches/hangovers were encoutered.
    1 leg from a lamb called Albert was roasted.

Tomorrow will consist of a trip to the cemetry to put some ashes in the ground, lunch at the pub with family and then two of us will nip off for a nice long wobble on some bicycles.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    You're on the wrong forum!

Consuming more alcohol units that km's ridden........... :shock: :wink:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Foggy and cold start here, was drenched when i got to work, it was like cycling through a cloud.

Looks really nice now though so might see if i can nip off early and have a long cycle home.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Quite fresh here this morning, but sunny. Lots of cyclists out, and not many cars. Unfortunately I was in a car as I sill can't do anything without having a major coughing fit. This has really become quite boring. Work is also boring today. That's because I'm getting loads of retail customers on overflow because it's so busy. There is no limit to the silly questions they can ask.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    My first day of working from home in my new job! It's so nice having windows and not having nasty people try and bite/spit at/kick/fight/abuse me or make my life a general hell. That said. It's the school holidays and I'm waiting for MrsNapD to return from taking the kids out so that could all change.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    NapoleonD wrote:
    My first day of working from home in my new job! It's so nice having windows and not having nasty people try and bite/spit at/kick/fight/abuse me or make my life a general hell. That said. It's the school holidays and I'm waiting for MrsNapD to return from taking the kids out so that could all change.
    Congrats on the new gig. What you doing now? WFH is always good I reckon.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Bugger, it seems I've agreed to go for a run tonight with MrsHD...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • napoleond
    NapoleonD wrote:

Ta, after 18 years on the 'Front Line' and shifts I'm now working on the team developing the new computer systems we will use - I'm classed as a Subject Matter Expert. It'll be for the next couple of years at least. Mix of working from home/office/trips to other forces.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Slowmart wrote:

:oops:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    NapoleonD wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

Ta, after 18 years on the 'Front Line' and shifts I'm now working on the team developing the new computer systems we will use - I'm classed as a Subject Matter Expert. It'll be for the next couple of years at least. Mix of working from home/office/trips to other forces.

So an s&m expert :)
  • napoleond
    matthew h wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

So an s&m expert :)

:o
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Guessing Stevo is happy after the weekends football.
    Indeed I am. One point further ahead than we might have been if Palace hadn't done their now traditional title wrecking act; still a game in hand and one less game to play.

Work was a bit of a shock given I had largely avoided it over the weekend despite it being year end reporting season - next 2 days might be heavy though. The ride home tonight was genuinely warm - I ended up with my cycling jacket tied around my waist half way through the communt. I think I deserve a G&T.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Tuesday's are shyte. Tuesday's are worse than Mondays. This Tuesday is nearly over.

Thought you did 110 miles HD!?

Laters.

'G and T' ?!? :roll:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Slowmart wrote:

Which forum should he be on? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Well do tell me what's an acceptable drink...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Well do tell me what's an acceptable drink...

Posh for a Boro boy.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    It just happens to be close at hand. I'll need to head down the offy if I want some Newcastle Broon Ale.