British Summer time

slowmart
slowmart Posts: 4,474
edited April 2015 in The cake stop
poster_lost_sun.jpg

And no I don't need ex pats or decedents of convicts posting up pictures of warm weather. All I'd like is some warm sun without hopping on an aircraft........Friday through to Monday would be good please :wink:
“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu

Comments

• southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    oxoman wrote:
    It's here in south derbyshire in between rain squals and sand blasting wind. Wonderful not.

It's here in sunny Eastbourne. Just a shame the wind is making it feel like -5c
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    It's not even April yet, if it's the same weather in 6-8 weeks time then you'd have a more valid point.
  • I hate these gale force winds, but it sunny out at least. My wife keeps saying the weather is so nice, only because it is sunny.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Bit windy Today, but a really warm wind, 30c, ideal for pootling, just got back need to consume some cold refreshment now.

Expat crim :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,596
    It may be "Summer Time" but that is only relative to "Winter Time".

As a season it is actually Spring.

A poor one, I'll grant you.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    I dont understand the need to change from GMT to BST ?

It still gets darker in winter and lighter in summer.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    A wise old American Indian said only the white Man would cut the top off a blanket and stitch it back on to the bottom and think he has a longer blanket :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike