The dissolution of Parliament 2015

RideOnTime
RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
edited March 2015 in The cake stop
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2015/mar/30/election-2015-official-campaign-starts-as-parties-clash-over-eu-referendum-live

So now it starts...

feel like it's been going for ages already and we've still 6 more weeks.

Comments

• RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Couldn't they just leave it dissolved and see if this has any negative effects on the country?
  • gaffer_slow
    gaffer_slow Posts: 417
    Only a little over a month or so until Mr Salmond is effectivly PM and anyone south of watford is put into some kind of camp ... apparently :oops:
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,595
    RDW wrote:
    Couldn't they just leave it dissolved and see if this has any negative effects on the country?
    That is what is effectively going to happen after the Election if you believe the polls and reports.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • RideOnTime
    Only a little over a month or so until Mr Salmond is effectively PM and anyone south of watford is camp ... apparently :oops:
    FTFY
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Only a little over a month or so until Mr Salmond is effectivly PM and anyone south of watford is put into some kind of camp ... apparently :oops:

Bleeping Scots eh? Trying to use democracy to get what they want.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    My money's on us having to vote again.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    My money's on us not bothering to vote again.

FTFY
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Where does the 5 year fixed term fit with that? Does that only apply if a government is formed or is 5 years whatever happens.
    A totally hung parliament definitely throws up some major challenges but supposing a second vote returned us to 2 party politics, a lot of people would feel democracy had been defeated.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    morstar wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Where does the 5 year fixed term fit with that? Does that only apply if a government is formed or is 5 years whatever happens.
    A totally hung parliament definitely throws up some major challenges but supposing a second vote returned us to 2 party politics, a lot of people would feel democracy had been defeated.
    If there is 'gridlock' then the logical thing might be to ask again. While one of the smaller parties may end up holding the balance of power, there is a question whether the largest 'big' party would do a deal with them.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    I don't think gridlock is an acceptable outcome. There is widespread frustration with the perception of disengaged politicians. Of course the big two want comfortable two party politics but the electorate are almost certainly going to bring that to a close this year (either temporarily or permanently). Small parties can't hold bigger parties to ransom for compromises but nor can the big two hold the electorate to ransom and refuse to share power.
    I'd like to see democracy win but understand the limitations of no clear majority.
  • RideOnTime
    morstar wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I don't think this will be a well hung Parliament. Not by any measure.
  • It's taken me a while to work out what you're all talking about, but extensive research has led me to believe it's the new TV reality show that started this week, in which a bunch of wazzocks in suits compete with each other to see who can tell the most outrageous lies. Called, if I'm not mistaken, I"m A Politician, Get Me Elected.

One question though: Why do the SNP insist on having leaders who are fish?
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    RideOnTime wrote:
    morstar wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I don't think this will be a well hung Parliament. Not by any measure.

I'd be happy to hang a few of them...