Fit and healthy Monday

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited April 2015 in The bottom bracket
Morning crudders, commuters and lycra lovers.

Called the doctor who happily informed me apart from the old fracture on my ankle it is currently all good and I can go back to physio. I decided not to tell him I've never fractured my ankle.

Onwards to work and breaking the hearts of students and booking dinner for Wednesday.

Bad news though, I just left some macaroons on my living room table, I only have two dogs and a female house mate who may eat them all.
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I just got bollocked by TDV for doofing N1 child up in a comedy Kung Fu Panda stylee whilst listening to Eye of the Tiger being played at volume 11.

Apart from that, the sun is shining, music is playing loud and all is good. Will head off with the hound in a bit for a good long tramp and some secret Bombay mix or chocolate eating. May even have another coffee before heading out.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    I've had an orange.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Good news sa0u77885gjjysje, not so much about the macaroons. How are you supposed to beat children up if not in a comedy style? I was tasked with beating up my nephew at my folks' place yesterday due to a lack of elder siblings and cousins to batter him. I quite enjoy the role of annoying uncle.
    Reasonably busy day at work today, but my mind keeps drifting off. I've just been handed a fresh cup of tea so it's not all bad. Also it's a 3 day week for me so that's a definite plus. Not so good is that I keep being interrupted by pesky retail customers so I can't get on with my own work.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Veronese68 wrote:
    How are you supposed to beat children up if not in a comedy style? I was tasked with beating up my nephew at my folks' place yesterday due to a lack of elder siblings and cousins to batter him.
    It starts off as comedy but then the little buggers start taking it seriously, then you have to doof them up for real to avoid losing face. Currently 156-0 with 4 year olds 8)
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Went out feeling fit, coming back into 35kph headwind didn't feel quite as fit!
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    How are you supposed to beat children up if not in a comedy style? I was tasked with beating up my nephew at my folks' place yesterday due to a lack of elder siblings and cousins to batter him.
    It starts off as comedy but then the little buggers start taking it seriously, then you have to doof them up for real to avoid losing face. Currently 156-0 with 4 year olds 8)
    Wait until they hit 16 and 6'4". I have to be extremely careful and pounce when he's not expecting it, like Cato in the Pink Panther films.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Wait until they hit 16 and 6'4". I have to be extremely careful and pounce when he's not expecting it, like Cato in the Pink Panther films.
    :lol: I'm going to have to get tooled up soon, I'm dealing with some scarily strong 4 year olds. When they're old enough to take me down I'm avoiding conflict at all costs and instituting a ban on all comedy fighting. I don't want them finding out they're stronger than me.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Fit and Healthy, eh? I realised the other day that I've not actually been out on the bike since the back-end of November. And I've not been to the gym since the end of February.

I shouldn't be in this thread really.
  • Flâneur
    Having a random discussion, this is probably for the London/Manchester steak eaters.
    Gaucho or Hawksmoor? I know other places exist, but we are discussing these two chains
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    I just got bollocked by TDV for doofing N1 child up in a comedy Kung Fu Panda stylee whilst listening to Eye of the Tiger being played at volume 11.
    I know you mean wife, but what does TDV stand for again?

Anyhow, I will be fit and healthy tomorrow when I resume cycling for the first time in nearly a week. As we are going into 'year end' mode here it is going to be just a wee bit busy for the next 2 weeks and I will be lucky not to have to work over part of Easter. Bah humbug.

At least the PL is back this weekend coming. Will be interesting to see who V68 and Mr. Falle are cheering for tomorrow though :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    At least the PL is back this weekend coming. Will be interesting to see who V68 and Mr. Falle are cheering for tomorrow though :wink:
    Hmm, 1st race of the Moto GP has been won by the right man, 6 nations is over, what's happening tomorrow?
  • Flâneur
    Home at like 10pm, bacon sandwich for dinner. Boss has to go away so now I have to interview some people for an admin job, always what I wanted to be asked at 5pm.

Can I just pick the prettiest or does HR have an issue with that?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    sa0u823e wrote:
    You know the answer.
  • Flâneur
    Pictures n u lot fecide
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Hmm, 1st race of the Moto GP has been won by the right man, 6 nations is over, what's happening tomorrow?
    Stop pretending you don't know it's Italy v England in the footy tonight...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stop pretending you don't know it's Italy v England in the footy tonight...
    I did actually have to look on the BBC website to see what was going on. There was a picture of the granny shagging chimpalike with a comment about Italy so I guessed from that. I must confess I couldn't give a monkeys who wins.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Home at like 10pm, bacon sandwich for dinner. Boss has to go away so now I have to interview some people for an admin job, always what I wanted to be asked at 5pm.

Not if their name is George.