Felt F5

Nickshek
Nickshek Posts: 27
edited April 2015 in Your road bikes
Howdy everyone! Having spent two years away from cycling, I picked up this at the start of this year to try and kick start things again. Hopefully I can stick with it this time round! I used to ride a Felt Z85 and this is my first carbon bike. I love it! I much prefer the F-series geometry over the sportive style of the Z85.

_DSC3618.jpg

Also acquired some FFWD F6R clinchers recently.

_DSC4650.jpg

Everything is standard apart from a Deda Drittissimo seat post and a Fizik Arione saddle. MTB pedals are staying unfortunately...until my MTB shoes give up the ghost at least :oops:
FELT F5 // FFWD F6R-C

Comments

• JSpencer1
    JSpencer1 Posts: 102
    Looks incredibly smart. Get some road shoes though, you'll thank yourself for it!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    JSpencer1 wrote:
    Looks incredibly smart. Get some road shoes though, you'll thank yourself for it!

Why?
  • JSpencer1
    JSpencer1 Posts: 102
    In my experience they're just more rigid and deliver a better power transfer. Designed for the job in mind I guess. The MTB shows I had more resembled trainers though.
  • Markjaspi
    Markjaspi Posts: 729
    Looks great with the new wheels
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    JSpencer1 wrote:
    In my experience they're just more rigid and deliver a better power transfer. Designed for the job in mind I guess. The MTB shows I had more resembled trainers though.

Rubbish.
    I rode SPD for many years with stiff shoes.
    The convenience when commuting was well worth it

Never understood the better power transfer, considering how small Speedplays are

Great bike and photos by the way
    Matt
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Great looking bike, if that doesn't make you want to ride, nothing will.

As for pedals, providing the soles of the shoe are solid and stiff, road pedals make naff all difference.
    Particularly mid to higher end MTB shoes can be just as stiff as road shoes, and nowadays its only the very cheaper end where shoes are generally flexy, this goes for road shoes also.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    nice one...
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    That looks really good.
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    Good looking bike
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • Nickshek
    Nickshek Posts: 27
    Thanks for the comments folks!

I use a pair of Lake CX236 Carbon shoes which have been great over the years. Reviews say they are relatively flexy but I can't say I've noticed. They've certainly been fine for commuting and the weekend outings. The lacing mechanism on one of the shoes is starting to jam though so I may consider the switch if that fails.
    FELT F5 // FFWD F6R-C
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Looks great. I like how the felt F-series frames look no-nonsence, with clean, simple lines.