Rigid Digits Thursday

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
edited March 2015 in The bottom bracket
Morning People,

On the train into The Big Smoke for another day on the corporate hamster wheel. Tonight should be good as I'm off out with Veronese to see Stiff Little Fingers play up at Kentish Town Forum 8) Never heard of the support bands but beer is likely to feature :)
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning,
    Half asleep having been up since 5:30 to despatch the lad to the place that took over Bejams. Looking forward to tonight, must make sure I don't fall asleep on the train to Norff London. Don't forget your passport Stevo. Beer will help soothe my throat I'm sure. Until then tea, biscuits and maybe a bit of cake will have to do.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Why wasn't I invited!? I probably wouldn't be allowed to go but that's beside the point. Bloody gayers!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Enjoy your gig gents, try not to have too much of a love in without Pina. V68, you mean there is something south of the river? I didn't know we let the wild things across.

Sitting in Angelina for a hot chocolate (getting fat this weekend) and ordered the 485 swiss side wheels. Just became an incredibly expensive weekend lol. But was needed after checking my work emails to see what I get to go back to
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Bad day here today, one of guys was beaten up and died from head injuries in hospital last night.

Everyone is in a state of shock... :(
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Sao 'posh boy' 823e let us know how you get on with the two Swiss misses. No, actually - don't bother, it's not Road General is it.
    Can't you go to Boro' for the weekend and get yourself a burd?

How do I get a van from Iceland to here?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    How do I get a van from Iceland to here?
    Park it on a volcano aimed in the right direction and wait.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Why wasn't I invited!? I probably wouldn't be allowed to go but that's beside the point. Bloody gayers!
    I did post a 'Gig alert' thread last weekend - didn't you read it? :roll: Besides, well before your time isn't it? :)

I can put you on the list for the next outing?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Bad day here today, one of guys was beaten up and died from head injuries in hospital last night.

Didn't read this before I replied - that's ******* terrible :( Hope they catch whoever did it.
  • pinno

that'l teach me to skim. WTF, what happened?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Seems like an argument in a pub went outdoors, one of my lads was beaten up by two guys and left on the floor. He was taken to hospital and never woke up, his dad rang me first thing this morning and it wasn't an easy call from either end.

He was a big lad but about as calm and mild mannered as anyone I know :(
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    So sorry to hear that HD.
  • veronese68
    Leaving work shortly, driving home then off up to the wilds of the north. Well, North London at any rate. Bite to eat then listening to loud music, beer will be involved.

Edit: I've signed up to a 200km ride in June. It involves going up as well as down hills. I'll ask Stevo if he fancies it.
    What do we reckon the answer will be?
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Edit: I've signed up to a 200km ride in June. It involves going up as well as down hills. I'll ask Stevo if he fancies it.
    I'm still here - first round's on you pal.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Leaving work shortly, driving home then off up to the wilds of the north. Well, North London at any rate. Bite to eat then listening to loud music, beer will be involved.

Not a chance!

What ride is it?
  • tlw1
    Long work day, but that was due to way too much ale last night and going to bed for only 3 hrs

Tomorrow will be better as I'm off work :)

Hd - as mentioned on the dirt forum !!!!!!!!!!
  • veronese68
    Stood in Waterloo waiting for a train. Some twunt in a suit stood next to me headphones in swearing at his phone like a trooper, keeps looking at me to see why I'm laughing. Hasn't worked out it's because he's a massive c0ck. Great night, thoroughly enjoyed that. Drank too much and am dreading the morning. Must do that more often.
    Cockwomble has finished his conversation with a barrage of abuse and a heavy sigh. It must be really hard being the most important dick in the world. He still looks mildly concerned that I'm laughing at him. Ooh, platform 2. Off I go.
  • veronese68
    Oh , Stevo's reply to the 200k was non verbal. Matt, you're stupid enough do you fancy it? London to Brighton and back.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Oh , Stevo's reply to the 200k was non verbal. Matt, you're stupid enough do you fancy it? London to Brighton and back.
    Where's the 'swivel' emoticon when you need it? :) Cracking night out, am pretty p1ssed and fairly deaf, tomorrow will not be great...

Don't believe them, don't believe them, don't be bitten twice....'
  • veronese68
    Fell asleep on the train out of Waterloo, fortunately woke up at the stop before mine. Then bumped into my mate that was at the gig as I got off the train.
    Great night. Thanks Stevo.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:

depends on the which w.end, as already booked for the Shropshire highland challenge and Dartmoor classic in June, oh and wedding anniversary
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Fell asleep on the train out of Waterloo, fortunately woke up at the stop before mine. Then bumped into my mate that was at the gig as I got off the train.
    Good to see you again.

Lucky I spotted it last week, I'll be sure sure to invite The Womble next time to avoid any hissy fits :) My head hurts...
  • seanoconn
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Good to see you again.

Lucky I spotted it last week, I'll be sure sure to invite The Womble next time to avoid any hissy fits :) My head hurts...
    Just dropped the Missus at the airport so I'm single for two weeks and open to invites. I'm waiting for sa0dght223(£@9 to take me somewhere fancy :D
  • veronese68
    My head hurts, I might have to kill someone.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I'm in Paris seano if you want dinner

Hd that really isn't good. Not really got the words for it sorry
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

depends on the which w.end, as already booked for the Shropshire highland challenge and Dartmoor classic in June, oh and wedding anniversary
    7th June, the Ditchling Devil. Womble you should come along, it starts on Wombledon Common.
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Good to see you again.

Just dropped the Missus at the airport so I'm single for two weeks and open to invites. I'm waiting for sa0dght223(£@9 to take me somewhere fancy :D

The guy is desperate, do you really want to do that? Ky jelly :roll:

As you are free, does that mean you're going to be posting sh1t this evening?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Good to see you again.

As you are free, does that mean you're going to be posting sh1t this evening?
    Apparently not :wink: