• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    :roll:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • debeli
    debeli Posts: 583
    Someone younger.

It was a giggle (if a mysoginistic and slightly spite-filled one) while it lasted, but its time had come.

The presenters were (albeit to a script) furious petrolheads who still made WW2 and Cold War references from their own childhoods and seemed stuck in an age that simply isn't any longer recognisable to most of their viewers.

Clearly, the show was a huge success, but they do not need another trio like that.

I do not know why the Dimblebys and Humphrys are still there - and I feel the same about Clarkson.

He is an institution in his own way and will be revered as such, but so was Barbara Cartland.

I imagine the other two will go with him, so it will be a David Moyes character who comes in. But a younger one.
  • Wunnunda
    Wunnunda Posts: 214
    IMO the BBC should just bury the whole brand for a couple of years and let their creatives come up with a new format and new presenters. As you say, it had run it's course and needed to be put down. I think Clarkson himself was 'going through the motions a lot of this last series.
    The problem the BBC had is that it was such a HUGE cash cow they were reluctant to pull it sooner than they had to. I suspect that they are more objective with other series that go 'on the slide'.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Wunnunda wrote:
    IMO the BBC should just bury the whole brand for a couple of years and let their creatives come up with a new format and new presenters. As you say, it had run it's course and needed to be put down. I think Clarkson himself was 'going through the motions a lot of this last series.
    The problem the BBC had is that it was such a HUGE cash cow they were reluctant to pull it sooner than they had to. I suspect that they are more objective with other series that go 'on the slide'.

I disagree. Arguably this was one of the better series for a while. One clunker episode but thoroughly entertaining apart from that.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    I think the BBC should employ Brad Wiggins, Chris Hoy and Alex Dowsett. They can race Pinarello's against buses from John O'Groats to Lands End and sl*g off car drivers for being too slow through towns and cities. :twisted:
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    awxcpd.jpg

erm... don't know
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Was it on here that Guy Martin was mentioned?

The older I get, the better I was.

• markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    sabine-schmitz-hot-i18.png IMO the only reasonable choice, and she's been on Top Gear before.
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Was it on here that Guy Martin was mentioned?

Guy Martin is totally awesome, but a TV presenter he is not.
  • RideOnTime
    funny I googled bid fat oaf to get a suitable candidate and all I got was pictures of Clarkson :? :? :? :x
  • RideOnTime
    sabine-schmitz-hot-i18.png IMO the only reasonable choice, and she's been on Top Gear before.

I have no idea who that is.

Does she eat hay?

Bread-from-a-potato.jpg

How about a potato?
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    RideOnTime wrote:
    funny I googled bid fat oaf to get a suitable candidate and all I got was pictures of Clarkson :? :? :? :x

How about this big fat oaf, needs a new job in a couple of months...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1x4ZhZRLbxlssUTJis30Elr8AOOUnhPGbfdoAdlEy5dIC9Vv5iw
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736

Sadly Sabine wouldn't do it, she is too busy with other work. She recently drove our Lamborghini's round the Nordschleife in amazing times and if ever you want to be a passenger in a car, she is well worth hiring.
    Living MY dream.
  • ddraver
    Lemme just pick that name up for you...
    - @ddraver
  • VTech
    ddraver wrote:

Odd reply, some may say insightful.
    In this thread, just above where I posted someone said they didn't know her, I replied with her name and also with the fact that I doubt she would do the job due to her commitments.
    Honestly, if I was name dropping there are others I could use.

I fly out to Spain in the morning to meet Cristiano Ronaldo, he would have been a better name to use if I were indeed name dropping ?
    Living MY dream.
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    RideOnTime wrote:

I have no idea who that is.

Does she eat hay?

Bread-from-a-potato.jpg

How about a potato?

I have no idea either but I think I've found her.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sabine_Wren
  • capt_slog
    VTech wrote:

I fly out to Spain in the morning to meet Cristiano Ronaldo, he would have been a better name to use if I were indeed name dropping ?

Does he drive though? :D

• ddraver
    Hmm Ronaldo and VTech will be an interesting clash of smug egos...
    - @ddraver
  • Wunnunda
    Wunnunda Posts: 214
    Capt Slog wrote:
    VTech wrote:

I guess yes, or he wouldn't have been able to do this....
    article-0-162E5000000005DC-956_634x384.jpg
  • ddraver
    ooof, maybe let Sabine drive...
    - @ddraver
  • capt_slog
    Wunnunda wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    VTech wrote:

I guess NO, or he wouldn't have been able to do this....
    article-0-162E5000000005DC-956_634x384.jpg

Fixed that for you.

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    VTech wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

In this thread, just above where I posted someone said they didn't know her, I replied with her name and also with the fact that I doubt she would do the job due to her commitments.

As he is in Lisbon until Sunday's game maybe he could meet up with you at 'your' wine Adega in Porto :wink:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • VTech
    team47b wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

As he is in Lisbon until Sunday's game maybe he could meet up with you at 'your' wine Adega in Porto :wink:

I was going into a big reply then but whats the point, I'm flying economy so maybe that makes you feel more at ease :mrgreen:
    Living MY dream.
  • VTech
    Actually, just to confirm, just checked and he isn't due to pre match training until 10.30am on Sunday, the same as many others in the team so please, next time try a little harder.

Have a glass of wine on me.
    Living MY dream.
  • qube
    qube Posts: 1,899
    Why would you want to meet Cristiano Ronaldo anyway?....

Are you a secret fanboy, off to bother him for an autograph and a lock of greasy hair?
  • VTech
    Qube wrote:
    Why would you want to meet Cristiano Ronaldo anyway?....

Are you a secret fanboy, off to bother him for an autograph and a lock of greasy hair?

I've modified his cars for several years now. I'm not into football I'm afraid, im also rarely star struck and also don't collect signatures. Most I've ever done is get signed shirts for charity events at theocal kids football team.
    Living MY dream.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Ronaldo is Into car modifying too, have you seen the tin foil car he has just done in Lisbon?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • VTech
    Yes, He did this as a joke:

1145122_heroa.jpg

Here is an image of him getting out of his car, you can see the kit on the car is ours:

cristiano-ronaldo-lamborghini-aventador_0.jpeg

Did the very also:

video-cristiano-ronaldo-races-a-bugatti-veyron-on-foot_100217003_m.jpg

But my fav (although it didn't look like this when we did the work on it:

18ncxgmgj5fnzjpg.jpg
    Living MY dream.
  • qube
    qube Posts: 1,899
    Yep.... 2nd image.... fanboy on a long lens.
  • VTech
    Qube wrote:
    Yep.... 2nd image.... fanboy on a long lens.

Or the Spanish newspaper pap ?
    Living MY dream.