RAAM

dyrlac
dyrlac Posts: 751
Sheer lunacy time. Some mates of mine and I are seriously contemplating entering the 2016 (or 17) edition of the Race Across America. All reports seem to indicate that the logistical challenge (support cars, mechanics, UMCA rule compliance etc.) supporting a 4 man team is actually tougher than the riding. So we're looking for an outfit to whom we can outsource the pre-event planning, organisation and race-week support. A UK/European cycle tour organiser with RAAM experience would be ideal. Any leads gratefully received.

Comments

• marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    Talk to people like Hoppo and Shu etc.

Watching some friends training for RAAM teams this year is jaw-dropping (and Shu solo).

They hold seminars in London once or twice a year for potential riders and crew - attend one of them would be very useful I am sure.

Need very deep pockets or very good sponsorship - solo attempts apparently need around £20K of budget as a starter, teams much more.
  • dyrlac
    dyrlac Posts: 751
    Thanks marcus. We sent a delegation to the last seminar and are well apprised of the financial commitment (gulp). WIll look out for those guys.