Tuesday

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited March 2015 in The bottom bracket
Finished working at around 1am, not sure what to blame, so lets stick with buying a book which some sharply dressed guy goes around killing people, just to see what certain members are getting at.

Walked the dogs came back had an email asking for a 9am meeting (sent at 8am today) I was like hmm can I get to home, change then to work, probably not.

An afternoon/evening in Manchester has been organised next week, may need a bio haz unit upon my departure, and that isn't to do with the lady in question. Before I just book Gaucho, anyone got any good places for food?

Ok off to the post office then to work.ciao
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    The film is pretty good too. Available on Netflix, or if you google American Psycho full movie you'll find one that works.

Pretty tired this morning, spent half an hour last night performing an exorcism on Devil child and it took me ages to get back to sleep again.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    Still got this poxy sore throat, need to avoid talking to customers as much as possible today. For my sanity as much as for my throat. Hopefully have a quiet day and evening to steal myself in preparation for misbehaviour for the rest of the week.
    Onwards and upwards...

Forgot to ask. Seano I guess your bike hasn't killed you to death yet. Is it all hunky dory now?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Day 2 of New Job, going quite well, if a little, er, frantic. But that's good, for now at least. Better day than yesterday, which was a whole day of "safety induction". The instructor has no clue how close he was to being hacked to pieces with a temporary pass for the twin crimes of...

"Some pacific examples are... " Er, no, the Pacific is the effing big puddle just east of here; and also, news just in, there is no "k" in the word(s) et cetera.

Hearing those two things alone 50 times in a day was enough to have my teeth ground flat, never mind the rest of the grammar and pronunciation horrors.

[/and breathe]

Otherwise, a crawl home through appalling traffic in a thunderstorm was only made bearable by the midway stop to collect some bargain-tastic wheels bought off eBay for peanuts. And they are in beautiful nick. Yay!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Flâneur
    Making friends and not being a grumpy old man there Wheelspinner

V68 gutted, how did you catch that? Customer present?

Lunch update, prosciutto ham, comte, some bread, followed by tea and a jam doughnut
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • sa0u823e wrote:
    Making friends and not being a grumpy old man there Wheelspinner

Lunch update, prosciutto ham, comte, some bread, followed by tea and a jam doughnut

Is that code for something naughty?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Gift from the lad, one of the many joys of having kids. Thankfully his is getting better as he's off on a school trip for 5 days from Thursday. Taking lots of drugs for it, I reckon vodka out of the freezer might help. Cold to numb the pain and antiseptic.
    Glad you're enjoying yourself Spinner. I used to have a boss that said "to be Pacific" quite often, several times I asked him how he became an ocean and he never did understand. More recently I worked for someone that kept saying "at the end of the day" and would give me filthy looks as I unfailingly replied with "it's night". Didn't stop the irritating little fuckwad from saying it unfortunately.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Finished working at around 1am, not sure what to blame, so lets stick with buying a book which some sharply dressed guy goes around killing people, just to see what certain members are getting at.

ciao
    Wasn't the highly cultured Hannibal Lecter based in Florence?

Evening Gits,

I have had a good pedal today and have eaten like the proverbial horse while abusing idiots at work, I should do more of this. I have got to finish my CV tonight for that job application, I had almost forgotten the 'buzz' when something like this comes out of the blue :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    Seano may sympathise with Thing 2's latest trick which is climbing out of her cot and running a muck. A half dozen times of lifting her back into her cot and a lot of bawling (from both of us) results in her crawling into our bed, falling asleep and the falling out of the bed. All to the narration of Thing 1 telling her off, which is quietly amusing.

At a meeting of a whole load of waste managers (boring baskets the lot of them) whilst trying to keep awake, one of my employees said out loud "E who?" when someone mentioned EU regs. I thought it was hilarious given the dour sods around the table and the circumstances.

Worked today (again :roll: ). Getting fed up of it.

I think there should be a blanket ban on Tuesday threads.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    At a meeting of a whole load of waste managers (boring baskets the lot of them)
    You were at that meeting, right? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    edited March 2015
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Funny.

Would I rather be in a meeting with a bunch of accountants? It's a hard call.

You read all of my post?!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Great ride into work bar the horse in the middle of the corner on a 11% downhill and then an hour later a car pulled out on me - much easy peddle home bar the rain

In between work was shoot. Tonight at home has been frosty as I forgot to mention I was staying over in chester tomorrow - oh well
  • Flâneur
    If only I wasn't off to Paris tomorrow Matt, we could have joined the sports teams out on the lash!
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    'Sports teams'. Golly gosh.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Funny.

You talk sh1t, we talk tax. It's a hard call :)

I must have narked you because you had to edit your post :wink:
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Funny.

I simply added "You read all of my post?!".

Proves the OCD inherent in people of your ilk.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    sa0u823e wrote:
    If only I wasn't off to Paris tomorrow Matt, we could have joined the sports teams out on the lash!

The night needs some decent conversation as its a bunch of accountants and most support Birmingham based teams :shock:
  • pinno
    matthew h wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

The night needs some decent conversation as its a bunch of accountants and most support Birmingham based teams :shock:

You said it.
  • Flâneur
    To clarify Wednesday is university sports and so they are the teams
    I refer too. All civilised when out drinking so there would be very little for
    Matt and I to see...
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Funny.

I simply added "You read all of my post?!".

Proves the OCD inherent in people of your ilk.
    Proves my theory that all waste management types resort to sweeping generalisations when they are narked :wink: