Tuesday Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited March 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

We had a work experience lad in yesterday (I completely forgot he was coming in!), a different one to the last one. He was alright, but luckily I just pushed him onto my minion and got on with my day.

I had to get a new rear tyre for my motorbike. It cost me £125 :( It's MOT is due next week too, so this could be a bummer.

Tonight I'm helping at a concert, so that'll be fun.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,318
    Monging all,
    Got a few more staff in today, hopefully this will mean I don't have to spend as much time talking to idiots. Oops, I mean customers. Not much else going on that I'm aware of, this doesn't mean it won't all kick off soon.
    Hopefully have a quiet night tonight as I'm out for the next couple of nights. Quiet night last night too, but we had a happy household as my daughter had her braces removed, so we had a very happy young one eating stuff she hadn't been able to eat for the last few months.
    And there goes the first problem of the day, customer ranting he hadn't received part of his order. Checked his email and he didn't get it because he didn't order it. Somehow he thinks this is my fault and I should pay shipping.
    I need to drink more tea, or vodka.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Holding the fort so going to have to do some work. Also got some work on another site that I need to do and can't remote in, which is a pain. Ah well, suppose it's about time I done some work.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Good ride in this morning, which gave me time to plan how I was going to sack someone - so now that's out of the way I can hopefully have a good day

Raining here though, which is shoot for the way home
  • Mattharrier
    Mattharrier Posts: 173
    Afternoon. Started the day with 45 minutes of Insanity workout, which was... fun? I believe that's what it was supposed to be. The things I do for my girlfriend...

Boring day at work - as the company went into administration on Friday and was bought up by another company, things are quiet while everything gets sorted out. Quiet means I'm having to be really creative in making myself look busy.

Girlfriend is out tonight, so after what promises to be a belter of a roast dinner at her parents, I'll be firing up the Xbox.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Just passed my driving test woooo! Stevo, if you're there, the trip to BPW was dependant on me passing so its an extra win. Got to practice some motorway driving now!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Nice one pesky :)

What day you going to bpw? I'll make sure I avoid the a470 ;)
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Cheers! I'm chuffed! 8th May! Probably wise...although I should have had practice by then :D Got an uplift. Book it up if it's still available!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Cheers! I'm chuffed! 8th May! Probably wise...although I should have had practice by then :D Got an uplift. Book it up if it's still available!

Normally I'd jump at the chance of an uplift day. But I had an otb a month ago and cracked my ribs and fecked up my arm. Went for my first ahem... Roadie ride yesterday. Ribs are still sore as fook. Not sure when I'll be back on the mtb. :(
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,495
    Just passed my driving test woooo! Stevo, if you're there, the trip to BPW was dependant on me passing so its an extra win. Got to practice some motorway driving now!
    You chancer - BTW you don't need to practice motorway driving, you just drive in a straight line :D

Evening Gits,

A day of pedalling has meant I have been eating like a horse in between abusing idiots at work, which is quite good fun and good stress relief. Time for some gin...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Afternoon. Started the day with 45 minutes of Insanity workout, which was... fun? I believe that's what it was supposed to be. The things I do for my girlfriend...
    What is this 'Insanity Workout'? Someone on facebook mentioned it and said she nearly threw up (you're not going out with her are you? Are you from Bury? You're not allowed to be from Bury!)
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You chancer - BTW you don't need to practice motorway driving, you just drive in a straight line :D
    Just stick to the lane on the left unless you need to overtake, just make sure you always move back to the left. Other than that, it's easy.
    I'll make sure I'm busy on the 8th May!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,318
    Well done Pesky. Motorway driving is easy, don't worry about it. Same rule as always, assume all others are complete phucktards. Even Cody can drive.
  • tlw1
    Remember the motorway rule, when in doubt flat out
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,495
    matthew h wrote:
    when in doubt flat out
    I know your car is white, but I never knew it was a van.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    when in doubt flat out
    I know your car is white, but I never knew it was a van.

Had 4 yrs driving one of my dads white vans whilst at university, on habits die hard