14th June 2015 Round 5 TBA
5th July 2015 Round 6 Ickworth
9th August 2015 Round 7 Radical bikes
06 September 2015 Round 8 New Venue TBA
27 September 2015 Round 9 Hadleigh Farm

Comments

• cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    9 rounds to keep me busy and Hadleigh farm to scare me again.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • A quick update for you .....

1st March 2015 Round 1 Shouldham Warren
    22 March 2015 Round 2 Carver Barracks
    12th April 2015 Round 3 TO BE ADVISED
    10th May 2015 Round 4 Regional Championships
    7th June 2015 Round 5 Thetford
    5th July 2015 Round 6 Ickworth
    9th August 2015 Round 7 Radical bikes
    06 September 2015 This will be a non series event held at a location yet to be advised
    27 September 2015 Round 8 Hadleigh Farm

After a long winter of negotiating this is where we are currently. We do have venues identified For both of the TBA dates, but are waiting for confirmation. One is completely new to MTB.
  • 12th April Venue is Henham Hall on the A12 near Blythborough, Home of the latitude festival
  • grony
    grony Posts: 75
    Where's all the MSG chat gone then? Good event today at Carver, most enjoyable.
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    It was a good course, traffic was a bit of an issue, totally gutted though, I took the lead off the start in Open and got a puncture on the first gravel section sorted it and had a tough fight back to 22nd in the end.
  • grony
    Funnily enough we had a quick chat at the end Windy, I finished right behind you. Good result with a flat, you on tubeless? Or did you manage to change a tube and still finish 22nd?

"Traffic was a bit of an issue" :D Very polite way of expressing there was some dodgy riding methinks.
  • WindyG
    Ah that was you I took at the end. Yeah tubeless, I had a co2 pump but the head got lost in my jersey so wasted time fishing it out, plus I rode too long before stopping hoping it wasn't going to get worse.
    I'm looking forward to Hadleigh, more space to pass and I like the climbs there.
  • grony
    I didn't ride HAdleigh last time (too scared), will do this year; reckon I need to somehow lose a stone before then for those climbs, realistically that ain't gonna happen. Wonder if it will include the real techy stuff?
  • WindyG
    They will include the technical sections but will 'B' line them, last time there were even a couple of 'C' lines.
  • Hadleigh Farm: When last used
    British Cycling National Round: 72 injuries requiring treatment
    MSG Round: 3 injuries requiring treatment

Says it all really.
  • IhateDNS
    IhateDNS Posts: 380
    Bit of an bump I rid Hadleigh Park this weekend on the Golden Ticket day.
    I've not done much techy stuff then at Danbury, I had a cracking day at Hadleigh nothing to bad anything I wasn't happy with I hit B-line but still had great fun there.

Think I'll come along to watch then race.
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work!
  • WindyG
    So did you go?
    I thought it was a great venue and course, really enjoyed the racing.
  • evo3ben
    evo3ben Posts: 552
    First race back next weekend after a bit of time off. A bit gutted i missed the first few but couldnt be helped.
    Looks like Hadleigh is going to be a cracker! Will be no where near as scarey as the last time we raced there which will put a lot of riders at ease. Still need a good slow lap before the race to decide on which lines to take though rather than race blind. Be good to see you chaps again :wink:
  • WindyG
    I did wonder where you had got to Ben you've missed a good couple of races. Which cat are you racing in?
  • evo3ben
    Have had a lot of things on over he past 6 months plus switching to racing on the road for a bit. No longer racing road bikes, didnt like it, boring lol. So, back to mtb and to msg. Cant believe how much i have missed it too be honest and gutted i missed the first few.
    Looking forward to sunday, will be racing in the 'Open' cat so if your doing the same, hopefully will see you for a chat ;-)
  • evo3ben
    Has anyone heard of any news regarding the 6th September? I havent heard or seen anything yet and was wondering if i should still save the date?
  • WindyG
    evo3ben wrote:
    Has anyone heard of any news regarding the 6th September? I havent heard or seen anything yet and was wondering if i should still save the date?

I would say yes, I'll tell you about it on Sun, I will be in 'open' Different colours this year i'll be in blue you'll see quite a few of us.
  • evo3ben
    Cool! See you sunday :D
  • WindyG
    Well that was damn tough, wasn't quite expecting the climbs to be like that, was a good course with some entertaining sections like that fast grass downhill run. Favourite bit for me is Oak Tree drop and then flat out over the tunnel. I made a great start as seems to be the norm the rest was then damage limitation.
    You nearly got me Tony I didn't see you coming until just before the last climb.

Ben I have sent you a PM with that link.
  • IhateDNS
    IhateDNS Posts: 380
    edited July 2015
    I took some photos from the afternoon race at Hadleigh if anyone interested
    <removed>
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work!
  • grony
    I was slowly closing on you for half the last lap Linley, then made up quite a few meters on the final climb but had nothing left over the top. I really enjoyed it, thought it was a brilliant course. Hadleigh adds real variety to the series, I am looking forward to going back in September.
  • WindyG
    Yeah great course with a nice mix I enjoyed it so much more than in 2013.
    I actually thought I was safe on that last half lap, I wasn't going forward so eased back a little.

Just wished I'd have had the same pace that I had on my ride today would have been a much better result.
    Looking forward to the next 2, Thetford is home turf and I have always done well at Ickworth.