Front derailer pointer

tobamory
tobamory Posts: 101
edited March 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Ok so I originally had a shimano Deore 3 x 10 after a few months I went to a 34t front and old granny cog, however due to the size of the cog shifting was always a problem to the granny cog because of the cog size, possible too much of a change...

Anyway today I swapped back to the 3x10 however I can't for the life of me get it into the outer ring.

When I change gear it feels on the shifter as though it's only got two clicks when I try the third its kinds locked or stiff.

What ps causing this... I messed tonight setting it up but it still only does kinda 2 shifts and the 3rd is like it would have been if I'd been in the third cog then tried to shift again. What do I alter to get it goes my.. Is it the screws?

Comments

• tobamory
    Just had another look, if I wonder oit the outer screw all the way it still doesn't want to move enough to get to the outer cog,

There isn't any lock outs on a shifter is there? The shop did it for me originally....

Imagine shifting from granny to outer then trying a forth time it resist your forth change, this is kind of what it's like, it's not freeflowing.
  • wilberforce
    wilberforce Posts: 297
    Is it SLX, as little switch on underside of shifter to change between 2x and 3x.
  • tobamory
    Ooo my god im off to check....
  • tobamory
    That's done it, ok last question then

Firstly thanks wilber I'm learning so I know now...

Changing up its fine, down drops straight to granny ring misses middle what needs adjusting?
    Thanks
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Parktools will help.vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools