Friday is bye bye day

Wheelspinner
Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
edited March 2015 in The bottom bracket
From this particular job that is... finish up today. New one Monday. Yay!

Upsides: new stuff to do, and back to being busy which is good.

Downsides: I have to start over training work colleagues how to cope with my general Awesomeness. Or, as they like to put it, my "mood"... Plus there are virtually no decent LBS within office walking distance. Money saving potentially I suppose.

So, today has therefore been all about cleaning up files, and preparing to hand back the hardware.. once that's done there will be drinks. And possibly bar snacks. 8)
Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    New jobs are always fun, and being busy beats everything else

Re name, friend told me a trick on whatsapp so used that, then went with the sorry but I just want to be sure your name is. We had a laugh about it all.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    sa0u823e wrote:
    New jobs are always fun, and being busy beats everything else

Re name, friend told me a trick on whatsapp so used that, then went with the sorry but I just want to be sure your name is. We had a laugh about it all.
    Result!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    For a moment I thought the thread title was some reference to the solar eclipse being the end of the world. I thought Spinner had been reading Cody and Manc33's posts too much. Then I remembered he's on the wrong end of the world.
    Enjoy your last day at the old job. Good luck with the new one, should be fun. Lack of local bike shops isn't the end of the world, it just means you have to spend more time researching them online. Probably be busy today as it's Fryday, but will have to go to the cafe and eat lots of dead piggy of course.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    enjoy your last day there!

Morning

Working from home today, as being helpful with the kids - I deserve a medal.

Right, more tea
  • Flâneur
    Did you you take the kids out for the eclipse like a good father helping their education?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Did you you take the kids out for the eclipse like a good father helping their education?
    So they can go blind! I hope he's more responsible.

Kids at the local schools aren't allowed out at break time today in case the eclipse causes them to explode or something. I kid you not. It was a bit gloomy for a bit but I think the danger has passed now.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Devil child couldn't sleep last night because he was worried the sun would never come out again after the eclipse. I thought he'd be happy with perennial darkness! :evil:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    'Work from home' they say but whoever said that didn't have young children.

The eclipse was good. There was enough cloud to obscure the brightness of the sun and you could look straight at it with my polaroids on [cue army of do gooders giving me a lecture].

Second one for me. First one was a total in 1980 in 40 degree heat in Kenya. The astrological society decided to go into the hills to get a better look but it got cloudy there and we had a perfect view. African bush is one noisy place in the daytime, crickets, grasshoppers, birds, animal noises - predominantly Wildebeest and it all went strangely quiet for 3 minutes.
    May scan some pics and post them. Perfect diamond ring at one point. Mum took them with a Minolta SRT 101b (for the anoraks). Still got the camera.

laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    sa0u823e wrote:

no..................

as the good father left them at school :)

The school were doing something with a science slant
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Eurgh, vodka hangover...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Hell of the North ticket gained productive day even if I haven't done much work just reviewed too many documents and watched the eclipse. I did have an 8am meeting though.

Pina I did the same, Oaks on looked at it through the sun and turned away after a few seconds, repeat
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    I rode HONC on a new saddle once, never again...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Hell of the North ticket gained productive day even if I haven't done much work just reviewed too many documents and watched the eclipse. I did have an 8am meeting though.

Pina I did the same, Oaks on looked at it through the sun and turned away after a few seconds, repeat
    Oh hell, I meant to set up a Twatter account. Too late now?
  • veronese68
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Hell of the North ticket gained
    Damnit, too late.
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    From this particular job that is... finish up today. New one Monday. Yay!

Upsides: new stuff to do, and back to being busy which is good.

Downsides: I have to start over training work colleagues how to cope with my general Awesomeness. Or, as they like to put it, my "mood"... Plus there are virtually no decent LBS within office walking distance. Money saving potentially I suppose.

So, today has therefore been all about cleaning up files, and preparing to hand back the hardware.. once that's done there will be drinks. And possibly bar snacks. 8)
    What, no break between the two? :(

I did the same 2 weeks ago. And I only managed to take a single day off between finishing one job and starting the next. I spent that day preparing to move house.

Enjoy the new job. Change is good!
  • solosuperia
    solosuperia Posts: 333
    Did I hear correctly earlier...............
    Bloke on R4 explaining why it feels cooler when you are standing in the shade!
  • veronese68
    Discussing the last solar eclipse I remembered this gem from the TV coverage:
    Michael Buerk watching Phillipa Forrester cuddle up to a male astronomer for warmth during BBC1's UK eclipse coverage remarked: "They seem cold out there. They're rubbing each other and he's only come in his shorts."
  • Flâneur
    Time to leave work. Life is good
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Eurgh, vodka hangover...

Commiserating your appalling 0.2 mph catastrophic life changing slump in average speed?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Evening Gits,

Long day with free lunch included which I've pedalled off. Have been approached about two new jobs in a week so the job market is starting to hot up at last, ta Mr. Osborne :) Apart from that, bit of a pants day at work, so thank fark it's the weekend.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Home, feeling drunk after 3 vodka lime and sodas, it doesn't decrease my average mind.

Bought some Swiss Side wheels just now, well emailed them saying sell them to me.

Off to the Cotswolds tomorrow for some tweed, hunters and guns, then rugby.

Good old Osborne, only thing I liked was the potential for a free 3k on 12k for house deposit ISA, have to wait and see on the details though
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    Got drunk on red wine, Wolves win and the weekend beckons. Life is good.
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    Technically it's Saturday, but The Cure - A Strange Day has just come onto my You Tube play list. Life just gets better.