Thursday

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited March 2015 in The bottom bracket
Morning swim done, spilt my protein shake over my work laptop (at least it wasn't mine).

Working from home before physio then off to work for a lunch and maybe even some work. Will try and cycle later tonight.

How was babysitting Matt, the mother walk in on you looking at bad stuff on the internet (bikes that is you dirty BBers)
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Devil child woke up 4 times last night to add to the multiple times of the previous two nights. Why can't he go back to sleep on his own like any normal 4 year old, if he interferes with my sex life again I'm going to tw@t the little bugger!

£350 worth of new bits and my bike is still a bloody death trap! It was far more reliable when I only had two gears that worked.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Morning swim done, spilt my protein shake over my work laptop (at least it wasn't mine).
    Didn't some judges just get sacked for doing that?
    Morning all,
    Slight hangover for some bizarre reason, can't imagine why. Lots of bollox was spouted in the pub and much beer consumed, this is a good thing overall it just doesn't feel like it now. I would like to state that Mr H is an utter utter bastard for not getting hangovers. Even if it is because he never sobers up.
    Not much going on today, I hope. I need more tea.
    Seano, what's wrong with your bike? Would you like me to threaten it with my magnificent tool?
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Seano, what's wrong with your bike? Would you like me to threaten it with my magnificent tool?
    Slipping gears, chain rub and the chain comes off when I'm trying to escape lorries or buses, I think it's trying to kill me.
  • Flâneur
    Isn't said devil child the consequence of your sex life mate?....
    Is the wife screwing with your gears etc, checked your life insurance recently?
    Yeah they did. Good thing I only work in place with over 18s eh
    Hangovers they are rare under a certain age. Or maybe just staying away from beer helps me
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    At home doing not a lot. Company car in for new rear disks/pads at lunch due to brake calipers not releasing and making scoring the disks to death. Just love Renault. NOT!!
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Slipping gears, chain rub and the chain comes off when I'm trying to escape lorries or buses, I think it's trying to kill me.
    If you can make it to Kingston without it killing you to death, or worse, I'll have a look for you.
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    If you can make it to Kingston without it killing you to death, or worse, I'll have a look for you.
    Cheers Veronese, I might take you up on that. I'm fine with the killing me, it's the 'to death' bit I don't like.
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Cheers Veronese, I might take you up on that. I'm fine with the killing me, it's the 'to death' bit I don't like.
    So long as it's quick you won't care. I'll pm you my mobile number.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Feeling pretty good today, 35km regular morning loop was, on average 0.2km/h slower today than the same loop in the middle of May last year which is pretty good considering I've had a cold for the last twopointfive weeks.

Onward to online banking :wink: and much quoting/steel speccing.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    So long as it's quick you won't care. I'll pm you my mobile number.
    Cool, next time I'm in a public toilet i'll write it on the wall :D
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Do you use a quick link? I can't remember where, but I read somewhere that they can be the source of all kinds of trouble.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Flâneur
    Physio running late. This isn't good

Seano likes to visit public toilets, nuff said
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • seanoconn
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Physio running late. This isn't good

Seano likes to visit public toilets, nuff said
    sau0ox3255%##}>€$¥¥, can you pm me your mobile number please.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Not bad so far, nice ride in, a little chilly and breezy but pretty good, couple of meetings done, trying to decide if getting a pro carbon frame from planet x to build a bike from bits i have lying around is a good idea, they have 15% off everything at the moment so would be almost rude not to!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    You had a chilly ride? I had to stop this morning as I thought my cycling glasses were fogging up on the inside. It turns out the moisture from the fog had just frozen to the lense.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    07888 999990

I'll make it public never mind just toilet walls mate.

Off for X-rays, 2 physios think it has a fracture along with the ligament damage which was missed originally. screw the world and seano
    Goo lunch though, moule frite.

Plus side last night went well

Arran come on pop your ugly head up again, you can stop colouring in for a second
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Let us know how it goes Sa0. Mind you there's plenty of time to recover before the end of June.

Busy day as I'm off to the worlds earliest parents 'evening' at Stropteens school. People seem to know when you're leaving and try to get a piece of your time at the last minute :roll: Might have to work later :(
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Why do the call them parents evenings when they are in the afternoon?
  • Flâneur
    Stropteen getting her allowance at the weekend?

Jokes for Everton eh, god knows how they managed that
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    sa0u823e wrote:

Plus side last night went well

So, did you find out her name this time or just mutually agree that nominative determinism would apply and that henceforth she would be known as "hubba hubba" and you would be referred to as "maybe"???
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    sa0u823e wrote:
    How was babysitting Matt, the mother walk in on you looking at bad stuff on the internet (bikes that is you dirty BBers)

All was good, though I bet she would be happier if I was looking at filth, as she seems to be fed up with me working

Today has been good, decent, if rather cold ride in (my gentlemens area iced over) and actually felt like I achieved something at work today

But the best news is we went to the pub when I got home from work (happy too as two commutes = 140 miles this week)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    HD: 0.2 mph. F*ck off.
    Seano: You need to exorcise the bike, it is possessed by the devil.
    Chris Bass: Planet x is soulless shyte, take it from matth and I.
    Sai43ykjbfi84ykjeb24m847bdskj: Get some bits from Screwfix direct, preferably 2 inch double thread self tappers and a bottle of Smirnoff black label.
    Stevo: You love her really.
    Veronese: Don't do it mate, he'll be back again and again and again and eventually just turning up, ;etting himself in and making himself tea, eating all your biscuits and trying it on with the wife.

Work, Creocote fence. Played TT for 2 hours at fit to bust screaming pace and one eegit who can't play for toffee who keeps turning up despite me giving him endless sh*t for it every time he turns up. Why does he keep coming back for more? Doesn't he realise he is pants? It's not a yoof club mate - sod off.

Laters.

Bike the morra :D
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!