Prince Harry to leave the Army in June

RideOnTime
RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
edited March 2015 in The cake stop
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31916393

Good chap. I have been looking for the clip were he's being interviewed and then everyone runs off and the narrator says the Fosters is being delivered. :)

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    RideOnTime wrote:

Good chap.

...or another one of those chinless wonders who are merely parasites on the society that spawns them. One of the two (and I know which one my money is on).
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    Alright captain grumpy, nothing wrong with the Monarchy in my eyes and I'm not even a royalist.
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    ...or another one of those chinless wonders who are merely parasites on the society that spawns them.

The same can be said about job seekers, single mothers, drug addicts and "some" peaople on disability benefits.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    I would also describe myself as not a pro monarchist however to anyone who would get rid of them I offer the following three words....

President Tony Blair!!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,722
    crispybug2 wrote:
    I would also describe myself as not a pro monarchist however to anyone who would get rid of them I offer the following three words....

President Tony Blair!!
    Another 3.

President David Cameron.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • He's not going to be a parasite on society as I'm reliably informed he's going to be Jeremy Clarkson's replacement on Top Gear - hush hush though :wink:
  • debeli
    debeli Posts: 583
    What with all the defence cuts we're about to go through, why were they allowing shape-shifting reptilian aliens into the armed forces in the first place?

I imagine it's some sort of so-called human rights or equality legislation forced on us by faceless bureaucrats in Brussels.

Need I say that in my day......
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    He may not have done two "proper" tours and been exposed to the daily ordeals that a "regular" squaddie would, but then neither have I. And he has done a lot more fighting for his country than I, and the majority of his critics have, so for that I am pretty grateful to him as I am of all our service men and women.
    When they talk about his antics on the beer, he hasn't done anything that a working class lad of his age (then) might do every week. We complain that the royals are too far removed from us, then rip them to shreds if they act like us!? Can't win? :shock:
    I think both brothers have gone a long way to try and connect a slowly modernising royal family to its public. And to keep the trend going, I'm not a flag waving royalist either.
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    Is he still wearing Nazi uniforms?
  • pblakeney
    Manc33 wrote:
    Not before he leaves.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Manc33
    edited March 2015
    Its almost like the question "Have you stopped beating your wife?" except that is a theoretical thing whereas Harry really wore a Nazi uniform.

I feel sorry for these people, after all Harry never asked to be born into Princedom, if you asked him who he would support between Britain and Germany if it kicked off between them today, he would have to have a long think about it.

That Hastings bloke in Australia is meant to be the King anyway so that makes Harry illegitimate (along with Charles and the Queen). Not a conspiracy theory, Tony Robinson did a documentary on it and went to meet Hastings. He seemed a really nice guy as well actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DCasz6oeL4

This documentary poo-poos the idea that there is a bloodline controlling anything, when the bloodline was broken hundreds of years ago and the real bloodline guy is a nice chap.

No, its other more powerful people like international bankers that put Royal families into positions of power all over Europe, not just Britain. I think people like the Royal Family get told "You're going to be the Royal Family" etc etc. Same with Prime Ministers and Presidents, meeting up at Bilderberg Group and Bohemien Grove to sort out who is going to be doing what over the next 1-50 years.
  • Wunnunda
    Wunnunda Posts: 214
    Good grief.... :roll:
  • pblakeney
    Manc33 wrote:
    I feel sorry for these people, after all Harry never asked to be born into Princedom, if you asked him who he would support between Britain and Germany if it kicked off between them today, he would have to have a long think about it.
    I doubt it.
    He would choose Britain immediately.
    After all, that is where his mother and alleged father are from.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Well this is another ruined thread
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • pblakeney
    Chris Bass wrote:
    I doubt that it was ever a serious thread.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • RideOnTime
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    I doubt that it was ever a serious thread.

Tweed-suit-with-plus-four-001.jpg

serious threads
  • Manc33
    1815:

kA1xpx3.png?1

2015:

utIXpGP.png
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    Manc33 wrote:

Ill thought out fancy dress costume, nothing more. He should have thought more about the paparazzi, who make a living from creating scandals and are paid to follow all "famous" people around. Pretty harmless stuff otherwise.
    Unless you happen to see "deeper meaning" in everything that everyone does.
  • RideOnTime
    Pituophis wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

Ill thought out fancy dress costume, nothing more. He should have thought more about the paparazzi, who make a living from creating scandals and are paid to follow all "famous" people around. Pretty harmless stuff otherwise.
    Unless you happen to see "deeper meaning" in everything that everyone does.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRu9pgVgKZMksb2-7-RkP6CWhpfee96-yI43nnQB_DGeRZv8OFz

oops wrong thread....
  • Manc33
    Pituophis wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

Ill thought out fancy dress costume, nothing more.

Nothing these people do is "ill thought out".

He wore it because he knew he would get away with it.
  • pblakeney
    Manc33 wrote:
    Pituophis wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

Ill thought out fancy dress costume, nothing more.

Nothing these people do is "ill thought out".

He wore it because he knew he would get away with it.
    There was a time when it was quite common.
    When did we become all sensitive?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    The UK monarchy isn't traditionally as bad as nearly every other European Monarchy. It's the only Monarchy that expects it's members to work for a living and actually have a trade, rather than lounging around palaces (the queen used to be a mechanic, for instance).

The only Monarchy that expects it's members to live, work and interact with commoners (the French Monarchy strictly forbade meeting commoners, even wealthy ones, from the cradle to the grave for instance which is/was the common stance of most European monarchies).

The only Monarchy where you can have your rank/status increased/decreased or even stripped from you and die a commoner irrespective of what you were born (in most European monarchies if your a blue blooded prince then you always will be and nothing can ever change that).

The only Monarchy that allows commoners to join (you can buy or trade a title or have one bestowed upon you by Royalty). So you could be born in a slum and die a Duke or Duchess.

By and large we don't have the worst monarchy going (compared to many others).
  • RideOnTime
    Is a banana republic a country run by Banana's?
  • Wunnunda
    Wunnunda Posts: 214
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Don't know for sure but I do know they are usually both bent.
  • RideOnTime
    Wunnunda wrote:
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Don't know for sure but I do know they are usually both bent.

What the country and the banana?

or you talking 2 bananas...