E-13 EX Expander

sniper68
sniper68 Posts: 2,910
edited March 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
I've fitted an E13 EX Expander along with a SRAM PG1030 11-36T Cassette and it looks wrong.
I've removed the 15T cog and spacer as per Instructions but the expander looks too close to the spokes and it looks like the chain will rub on the tyre.The bike isn't built yet so I won't know for sure but it looks wrong when I compare it to a wheel with a 9spd cassette fitted
If I put the spacer between the Expander and hub then the lock-nut won't fit.
Anyone else used this Expander and can advise?

Comments

• sniper68
    It states Logo to face the wheel and that's the way it's on.....I think.
    it's the red one with white stripes and the white stripes are facing inwards as i tool them to be the Logo?The only stuff written on the other side is the size.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    One way to find out...
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    There is only one way it will go on due to the spline pattern, if you put it on the wrong way round it would be further from the wheel but no gap between first and second gear at all....it should be in exactly the same place as a stock first gear sprocket.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • sniper68
    It's on the correct way(as confirmed by the Tech bloke at The Hive)...it just looks odd.
    I'm maybe over thinking it as I've only ever built with 2X and 3X set ups and never really looked at the chain-line.Now I've seen it with the chain in place it still looks strange but I think it's because I'm looking :mrgreen: