Good News Monday. No, really!

Wheelspinner
Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
edited March 2015 in The bottom bracket
Carry over good news is none of the skin bits removed were anything to worry about, just a bunch of old moles so to speak.

Really good news is new job confirmed, start next week.

Best news is a pile of new bike parts stuff has turned up today on my desk from sources far and wide... 8)

Today there's been some nice coffee, and a very pleasant attitude adjustment. :D

Onwards to yoga class this evening before some fettling fun with the new bits.
Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Good news, I bet thats a relief?

Onwards to site visits and to see if Evans will price match some brakes.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    That is a good news day.

GL HD

Today I shall start afresh and become a better person, maybe after I've sent these emails off first. Stupid people sometimes need simple language.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all,
    Have you remembered the teacher's name yet sa0u8463gghsajtykdagrge. I once spent a great night with a teacher, at least I think I did. I was feeling a bit worse for wear in the morning and left after a spot of breakfast. Later that day I couldn't remember her name or which house it was so never saw here again. Lucky for her. That was a very long time ago.
    Very good news Spinner, always a worry until you hear back.
    What kind of brakes HD? That reminds me, I really need to sell my old BB7 calipers.
    Not much going on here, hopefully it will stay that way. But I'm not overly optimistic I've already had too many phone calls from idiots. Why do people ask for read receipts to their emails then call you half an hour after you've sent it to ask if you've seen their poxy email?
    I need more tea, or whiskey.
  • Flâneur
    Oh I've still no idea, think it may have been Deborah but I could really be making that up. I saw Pina post an essay about teachers and decided that I still couldn't care she was cute. I've just got to work out how to resolve the name issue besides stealing her purse. Think it will just be a "shall we start again without the alcohol yet, My name is X and hope to god she responds with her name.

My ankle is fubar after yesterdays attempt at a ride. Calling the doctors to try and sort something 5 weeks and the swelling is still here along with the constant pain. The ride at the weekend was the only attempt to do anything on it too
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Sa0, follow Spinners example and get to see the doc asap. Just in case you're making something worse - after all you'll need a fully functioning set of ankles for late June. Speaking of which, I have another taker for the Bermuda triangle of cycling known as 'uplifts' :P

Another day in the office but very tired due to waking up early after last nights large take away curry. Not popular with the EPO for the same reason, even if she wasn't entirely blameless either :lol:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    @Veronese68, 105's but I didn't manage to get there as the motorway was constipated due to a truck breaking down in the roadworks making me late for two meetings.

I'm off to scouserland on Wednesday though so will attempt it again.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    @Veronese68, 105's but I didn't manage to get there as the motorway was constipated due to a truck breaking down in the roadworks making me late for two meetings.

I'm off to scouserland on Wednesday though so will attempt it again.
    Hmm, I've got a pair of brand new black 105s that came with the groupset on the Kinesis. Make me an offer if you want. They are from the 10 speed groupset of a couple of years ago, 5700 I think. I was keeping them as spares for the boys bike as I couldn't be fagged to list them on the Bay.
  • homers_double
    £30 posted? 5700 would be perfect as thats what I've picked up from the CRC sale and the new models say you can only use certain levers which I don't have.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Done. I'll bring them in tomorrow and post them 1st class. I'll send you a pm.
    Assuming I can find them tonight that is.
  • homers_double
    PM replied to but currently sat in my outbox for some reason...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    PM replied to but currently sat in my outbox for some reason...
    Got it. Sits in the outbox until read, unfortunately work got in the way of my shirking. I'll try to remember to pick them up and sling them in the post tomorrow.
  • homers_double
    Ah I see, thank you kindly!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Hate Mondays, spend an afternoon dealing with malpractice to come back and then have to start fire fighting other peoples problems. Going to be here awhile it seems, may just watch the match from my desk
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Ta all, the news was welcome for sure. Lucky that the family trait is skin that is near fire-proof, but you never know. A lifetime of outdoorsy stuff has its risks I guess.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    Chilly willy Monday. Meh.

Been thinking about SaO85hfjhb83hbf833jndbjfeie's problem.

"I really enjoyed the conversation we had..." No.
    "I am so sorry, but I have forgotten your name..." No.
    "When I am bashing my Bishop dreaming of you, I find it a bit unromantic to call you baby all..." No.
    "Hello it's me, who are you again?..."

Text her about the great night you had and ask her to call you on your landline [provide number]. When (if) she calls, apologise for being a simple bloke and say 'I'm sorry, who's this?" and then when she says her name, say 'Oh yes, of course...blah blah..."

Get a mate to call her 'accidentally'. Hope your mate has a better memory than you have.

How's that?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Flâneur
    Oh it's going to be a mate call (one I can trust or control) or just a lets start this over now we both aren't slightly intoxicated. Thought I had a solution with adding her to what's app, just got a picture lol
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • You could always pull the good old:

My phone lost all of the contacts, who is this again?