Trek Emonda SL8 Di2

teebs_123
teebs_123 Posts: 357
edited March 2015 in Your road bikes
Just picked up this afternoon from York Cycleworks

Trek Emonda SL8 (56cm)
Ultegra Di2
Chris King R45 & Archetype wheels (dog cock red hubs)
Bontrager finishing kit
Ultegra 6800 carbon pedals
Arundel bottle cages
Trek speed/cadence sensor

I've only managed 20 miles on this and 50 miles on their demo SLR, but I can already see it's going to be a good relationship!

Jobs to do:

Di2 sensor to integrate with my Garmin 1000
Hope quick releases (currently mavic)
Get the steerer cut down when I'm 100% on the fit

Pretty astonished with the Di2, quick, accurate & fuss free. I can also see why some people prefer mechanical, it is pretty souless in comparison.

I'd previously ordered a Canyon Aeroad CF SLX (not 100% on the fit & wheels), so I was suprised when I got this in around £500 less than the Canyon. It's also nice to support a local bike shop who have been great throughout the whole process.

Anyway, only have a couple of pics this evenings ride just north of York;
IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

(yes, the hedge needs replacing, thanks!)

Andy
Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
Kinesis 4s Di2

Comments

• Teebs_123 wrote:

Pretty astonished with the Di2, quick, accurate & fuss free. I can also see why some people prefer mechanical, it is pretty souless in comparison.

An excellent match for the trek, those wheels would look fantastic on a Red Aeroad.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    That's a beaut. Enjoy!
  • Yeah, I like that.
    I saw one in the Leeds Evans shop (with D/Ace) = lush!
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Nice ride. Shame Archetypes don't stay looking like that for very long, although I quite like seeing how the anodisiing has worn after each ride.
  • Beautiful machine,but those mountainbikeish hubs are a punch…. :shock:
    Specialized Tarmac Sworks
    Canyon Spectral 8.9
  • teebs_123
    Beautiful machine,but those mountainbikeish hubs are a punch…. :shock:

The wheels are great!

First ride at the weekend, 60 miles & 2,000ft climbing and it was excellent as expected.
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Absolutely lovely. Would love to see some properly posed photos. Really wanted one for a while
  • This is is Treks flagship lightweight frame isn't it? What weight have you got for the full build? It looks great!
  • teebs_123
    Hi,

I will try and get some better images up soon. In regards to the weight, I've not measured it yet, I would estimate around 7kg, but the wheels are relatively heavy. Looking at getting some lighter hand-built wheels, but I'm not sure how much I would save?

It wasn't built with weight in mind so much, I just knew the geometry would be spot on, that's more important for me..

Andy
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2