Wiggle Legal

dodgerdog
dodgerdog Posts: 292
edited March 2015 in Road general
Other tha the usual "Blame WIggle!" responses, anyone used them?

Is this just another set of ambulance chasers jumping on ther band waggon now business is recognising how much mponey there is in cycling and that the insurance industry practices around Road Traffic Accidents involving cars and "claims handling companies" have been under scrutiny?

Thoughts and reviews from anyone unfortunate enough to have had to use them would be appreciated
Allez Triple (hairy with mudguards) - FCN 4
Ribble Gran Fondo

Comments

• chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Are you just curious about wiggle legal or legal generally?

if the latter I am a biritish cycling member and the legal cover that provides (for just £26 a year) was pretty good when i needed it after being hit by a driver.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • dodgerdog
    dodgerdog Posts: 292
    Query was more about Wiggle legal since they are offering a no win - no fee service.

It is legal claims support (delivered by a an Aldershot based law firm under the Wiggle Banner) rather than the BC insurance scheme.
    Allez Triple (hairy with mudguards) - FCN 4
    Ribble Gran Fondo
  • Pigtail
    Pigtail Posts: 424
    BC effectively give no win no fee cover. Even when you win, there doesn't seem to be any fee.

Although I must admit 'win' is a funny choice of words to cover compensation.
  • Wiggle have signed up with the National Cycle Network via Sustrans and are aiming to donate their proceeds to support the network. Not such a bad idea.
  • Don't see Wiggle chasing ambulances, their bikes are good but not that good.

Seriously, Wiggle are surely looking to provide a full experience for their customers that goes beyond just selling stuff. And, as Craggy1960 says, as they're looking to donate their proceeds into the NCN/Sustrans that has to be good for us all.
    There's no such thing as too old.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Craggy1960 wrote:
    Wiggle have signed up with the National Cycle Network via Sustrans and are aiming to donate their proceeds to support the network. Not such a bad idea.
    The cynic in me thought that Wiggle were just getting a kick back for giving referrals to a firm of ambulance chasers. That sounds rather better and I feel a tiny bit bad for being such a cynical old git.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Craggy1960 wrote:
    Wiggle have signed up with the National Cycle Network via Sustrans and are aiming to donate their proceeds to support the network. Not such a bad idea.
    The cynic in me thought that Wiggle were just getting a kick back for giving referrals to a firm of ambulance chasers. That sounds rather better and I feel a tiny bit bad for being such a cynical old git.
    Referral fees are banned nowadays.
    There's no such thing as too old.
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    IMO you are better to have legal insurance cover (such as BC*), rather than ATE based schemes:
    1. There have been changes in win fees recently (see: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/201 ... ts/enacted) and this means No win, no fee arrangements aren't always going to get you a better deal.
    2. There can be a settle at all costs, minimal effort mentality which could leave you out of pocket
    3. They often drop good cases due to the risks.
    4. The ts and cs are fairly tight and its easy for you to breach them, making you liable for your fees.
    5. The fees aren't normally competitive and this can make your claim take a lot longer.

* for the reason of protecting your own liability if nothing else.