Anyone own a Boardman HT Pro Carbon 2012

_stan_the_man_
_stan_the_man_ Posts: 8
edited March 2015 in MTB general
I have just bought one new at a very reasonable price. Just want to know people's thoughts or experience with it as there is nothing out their except a review.

I was going to buy a Canyon bike and was really struggling to decide on the Grand Canyon AL SLX 7.9, AL SLX 8.9 or just go CF SL 6.9. What put me off was the weight of the bikes vs the price.

600 notes for a Boardman HT Pro Carboon @ 10.8KG seemed too good an opportunity to pass up. My only thought then was I'd be running 26 tyres as opposed to new standard 29/650b.

Comments

• bob6397
    bob6397 Posts: 218
    I've got the lower spec "Team" Version - Its awesome :)

Much faster than I am and not very heavy at all (Currently 12.5 kg including pedals and some mud)..

Don't worry about the tyres - 26" has been around too long for bike companies to just stop making them.. Despite the impression given on here, the majority of bikes out there are still 26"... for now

Love it :)
    Boardman HT Team - Hardtail
    Rose Pro-SL 2000 - Roadie
  • how the hell did you get one of those for £600?
  • Yep got one. £ 1600 new. Not exactly original now though. Hope pro 2 stans crest wheels made a huge difference. Gone for an 80 mm stem and easton haven carbon bars ( improved handling as bikeradar review states ) switched to a 180 front rotor . Xo gripshift and x9 clutch mech . Carbon crank , xt spd pedals . First change was ditching cheap compound mountain king tyres for bontrager xr4 team issue. I found conti tyre lacked grip . Now sub 20 lbs and rides beautifully. ........ enjoy the bike and forget wheelsize hype , you have a bargain.
  • how the hell did you get one of those for £600?

From that popular auction site that charges high fees for selling your goods.
  • Yep got one. £ 1600 new. Not exactly original now though. Hope pro 2 stans crest wheels made a huge difference. Gone for an 80 mm stem and easton haven carbon bars ( improved handling as bikeradar review states ) switched to a 180 front rotor . Xo gripshift and x9 clutch mech . Carbon crank , xt spd pedals . First change was ditching cheap compound mountain king tyres for bontrager xr4 team issue. I found conti tyre lacked grip . Now sub 20 lbs and rides beautifully. ........ enjoy the bike and forget wheelsize hype , you have a bargain.

Sounds like a nice setup. Was thinking about changing to the same wheelset. Might even just go for Hopes XC wheelset. Do you know how much weight was saved from changing the wheelset?
  • Not sure re weight but probably the best upgrade I made.
  • Upgraded handlebars and stem. Matchmaker clamps and ODI grips.

IMG_3971.jpg

Upgraded seatpost

IMG_3972.jpg

Still brand new and unridden though :P
  • Not sure re weight but probably the best upgrade I made.

What size the is back wheel?

I'm about to pull the trigger on the Hope Hoops Tech XC wheelset but all it says is - Axle: 135mm QR (135x12 and 142x 12 conversions available separately).
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Hope's own rims are really excellent quality. I have the Tech enduro rims on my trail bike & soon on my DH bike as well (they're stronger than my DH rims).
    One of my mates has the Tech XC rims, they are also excellent quality, very strong for xc rims and lighter than any wheels I have ever owned. He bought them after pringling two Stans Crest rims, the Tech XC's are holding up better though.
    Hope hubs are excellent value. Really good quality for the price, no fancy technology, they just work well and are really easy to maintain.