Long wheelbase anyone?

lawman
lawman Posts: 6,868
edited March 2015 in MTB general
MojoNicolai_PHOTOSAlexTyler-04571.jpg

http://www.mbr.co.uk/news/bike_news/moj ... ike-326173

Probably totally overkill, but my word I'd like to give it a razz and see how it handles! :lol:

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Its cool but very Chris Porter. He has some very specific views on bike fit. Not saying he's wrong, but he's also not right - its a personal thing. I do like the build quality though. very nice.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    It's certainly not a looker in my eyes but if it rides well who cares. Even if it doesn't the after sales etc is a very good idea.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Now that i like!
    Price is a bit steep but what you get for it, reasonable value.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Herdwick
    Herdwick Posts: 523
    looks good, No way to test one, but I'm convinced it works!!!
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • Dick Scruttock
    Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
    I'd love to spec and build a custom Nicolai to get exactly what I wanted. That thing looks a beast though.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    cyd190468 wrote:
    Wouldn't having the seat so far in front of the rear axle make it very hard to manuel?

Yep. Very. I find that a problem with my Bronson vs my old 26er hardtail - similar cockpit length but longer wheelbase with the majority of the extra length out the back. That thing would be impossible to get on its rear wheel.
    benpinnick wrote:
    Its cool but very Chris Porter. He has some very specific views on bike fit. Not saying he's wrong, but he's also not right - its a personal thing. I do like the build quality though. very nice.

I'm less convinced by the he's not wrong or right - I think that'd be wrong.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    Saw him at BPW last year with his custom Nicolai which I am assuming this new one is based on, looked weird in the flesh but he was adamant it was the fastest bike on the hill. Told me to check Strava that evening and check. I took his word for it.