Saucy thoughts about a new carbon steed...

12346»

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Good to support a local small business, and you won't see many more. Think of all the positives that are yet to come.
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Good to support a local small business, and you won't see many more. Think of all the positives that are yet to come.

I am trying too. I am sure once its all sorted this will all be forgotten. It took about 6 weeks to get my Italia after all but at least Condor had warned me it would take that long. I guess the other issue is that there was even a small window of opportunity for a ride on it on Sunday morning! ;)
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    So it isn't just Canyon then!
  • menthel
    So it isn't just Canyon then!

It's nowhere near that bad yet!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • menthel
    Collecting tomorrow. Shame I can't ride this weekend but be prepared for pictures!
    RIP commute...
  • menthel
    No bike, they couldn't get into the workshop all day due to the fire in New Malden and the total closure of Kingston Road!
    RIP commute...
  • veronese68
    Oh no! Kind of outside their control I suppose.
  • menthel
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Oh no! Kind of outside their control I suppose.

Yep, really nothing that could be done. I sometimes feel as if the fates are conspiring against me and this bike...
    RIP commute...
  • menthel
    It lives!

16783040285_d94a7a3454_b.jpgBike! by -menthel-

Just a smudge over 7.2kg and looking fine.
    RIP commute...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    That is the worst photo of a new bike I've ever seen. Go back and sort it out
  • menthel
    coriordan wrote:
    That is the worst photo of a new bike I've ever seen. Go back and sort it out

My unreserved apologies. It was as a proof of existence and given I have to get to work, full photos will have to wait for the weekend. I will break out the 5diii at the weekend. ;)
    RIP commute...
  • Anonymous
    Also the quick release on the front brake is open.
  • MisterMuncher
    MisterMuncher Posts: 1,302
    7.2 in that config definitely bodes well if you fancy a bit of weight-weenieing. Really nice colour scheme.
  • menthel
    coriordan wrote:
    Also the quick release on the front brake is open.

Yes it is, shows I haven't had time to ride it yet!
    RIP commute...
  • veronese68
    Excellent. I thought of you yesterday as the road there was closed again. Not so worried about both of my kids going that way to get to school though.
  • menthel
    7.2 in that config definitely bodes well if you fancy a bit of weight-weenieing. Really nice colour scheme.

A carbon refit of stem, bars and seat post as well as a lighter saddle would see it drop quite nicely I suspect. A set of carbon tubs as well would push it under the UCI limit quite easily I suspect. However, given it's already 2kg lighter than the Italia i don't think I need to alter too much at present!
    RIP commute...
  • menthel
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Excellent. I thought of you yesterday as the road there was closed again. Not so worried about both of my kids going that way to get to school though.

I was supposed to collect it yesterday but in the end Phil said just don't bother and he would drop it over this morning, which he did. He has been a gentleman throughout the whole process. Now all I need to do is get riding!
    RIP commute...
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Looking good and seriously light!

My new bike is almost built, just need to cut the steerer, adjust the gears, wrap the bars and i'll be ready to post pics.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • oldbazza
    oldbazza Posts: 646
    Looking well nice 8)

Look forward to some 'proper' pics.
    Ridley Helium SL (Dura-Ace/Wheelsmith Aero-dimpled 45 wheels)

Light Blue Robinson(105 +lots of Hope)

Planet X XLS 1X10(105/XTR/Miche/TRP Spyre SLC brakes

Graham Weigh 105/Ultegra
  • MisterMuncher
    MisterMuncher Posts: 1,302
    menthel wrote:

A carbon refit of stem, bars and seat post as well as a lighter saddle would see it drop quite nicely I suspect. A set of carbon tubs as well would push it under the UCI limit quite easily I suspect. However, given it's already 2kg lighter than the Italia i don't think I need to alter too much at present!

Changing the pd-520s for Ritchey Paradigms would nick a fair bit off, and keep the same cleats.
  • menthel
    menthel wrote:

Changing the pd-520s for Ritchey Paradigms would nick a fair bit off, and keep the same cleats.

They are XTs so a little lighter. Once the 520s on the other bike give up the ghost I will move the XTs over and put some richeys on this.
    RIP commute...
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    I've just ordered some PD-A600s, lighter than the PD-520s and have a bigger surface area for more support on long rides.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • menthel
    I find SPDs like this fine for long rides- have done 200km on 520s.

Am currently considering bottle cages. I have some elites at home but quite fancy adding carbon to carbon.
    RIP commute...
  • menthel
    16187768064_28684fa15f_b.jpgBike by menthel, on Flickr

Slightly less offensive shot. Have added the wiggle special lifeline carbon cages. I have some schwalbe one tyres too in 23s but will give these mavics a run out first.
    RIP commute...
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,172
    As discussed in the other thread... withdraw the photo, adjust the bars and come back when it's done with new photos... :wink:
    left the forum March 2023
  • Anonymous
    What he said.

Also, they come out better if you are far away and zoom in, rather than start off up close.