New Rapha Brevet Jersey

2»

Comments

• Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    Tbh (i'm not a Rapha hater btw) I'm really not sure about some of the new colours being introduced at the mo.

Greens, greys, plums etc etc ... Dull

Was just about to pull the trigger on a Classic Jersey in red and it's vanished sadly, don't fancy the plummy one.

Perhaps it's just me, I do try and coordinate what I'm wearing (sometimes with the bike colour!!).

Torm red short sleeve jersey it is then!
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    I usually am a big fan of Rapha, but this season I think they've really dropped the ball, you'd have to pay me to ride with one of the new trade team jerseys.

http://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop-/new-arr ... w-arrivals
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    The yellow is meant to be Renault ? Red i think is La Vie Claire ? Blue ? A bit like ANC Halfords ?

You can buy the original designs from Prendas for less than half the cost.

I dont think they look too bad - but I'd rather just have the originals.
  • Quite like the yellow, how do diagonal lines stretch across a fat mamil belly?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    eddiefiola wrote:

Firstly, no they don't, and secondly, Wiggle would never rip off another designers idea right?
  • thegreatdivide
    cougie wrote:
    The yellow is meant to be Renault ? Red i think is La Vie Claire ? Blue ? A bit like ANC Halfords ?

Yip, ANC, Renault and La Vie. Prendas/Santini jerseys are cheap for a reason, they're made of that rubbish nylon that ends up reeking. Not worth the money IMO.

I'm tempted by the La Vie.
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    Can't help thinking that the 1980's was year zero for terrible looking cycling wear...but the pro team jerseys are great and if you were cycling in the 80's and like the design then fair play you'll love it!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Funny, I saw the team Sky one and quite liked it (the rubbery bar tape like stripe material was all I really looked at TBH) apart from the colour, but now I have seen the other colours I prefer the Sky one.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/tea ... a-ec106927
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    cougie wrote:

Yip, ANC, Renault and La Vie. Prendas/Santini jerseys are cheap for a reason, they're made of that rubbish nylon that ends up reeking. Not worth the money IMO.

You might want to change your washing regime - I've plenty of tops just like those and they smell just fine.
  • thegreatdivide
    cougie wrote:
    cougie wrote:

You might want to change your washing regime - I've plenty of tops just like those and they smell just fine.

Washing regime is fine, so is the machine. Low end nylon is the problem and always has been with sports kit. Or maybe your mates are just not saying anything to you ;-)
  • Looks like Rapha are selling the brevet jersey without the gilet, can't think why.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles