New to me Cannondale Trail SL - Not much original!

Craig24
Craig24 Posts: 150
edited March 2015 in Your mountain bikes
Not much original left on the bike, bought it used with most of the work already done, finished up the last few bits, very happy with it now, takes everything I've thrown at it.

Running a 1x9 conversion: XT rear mech, Hope bash guard, 32 upfront
Fork: Rockshox Reba with remote lockout 100mm
Brakes: Hope C2 with 180 Ashima Airotor rotors
Handlebars: 720mm Funn Riser Bar
Stem: Truvativ 60mm
Grips: Red Superstar Size Zero
Rims: Maddux DC 3.0
Tyres: Panaracer Fire XC Pro
Saddle: Charge Spoon
Seatpost: Tmars Dropper

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Please, please, please, please, please, please, please bin that stem and fit a normal one!

Rest of the bike looks great but it will fall apart with shame unless you replace that stem!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Craig24
    Thanks Rookie! Whats up with the stem though? It did have a blue one on when I bought it, so I just replaced it with a black one I got from eBay. I'm very much a newbie btw!
  • The Rookie
    It's a lightweight XC bike and that stem is like you used to find on heavyweight downhill bikes, it's heavier than needed, a bit short for the style of bike and not very pleasant to look at (in my opinion).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • sexy bike man B)

but yeah, as said, swerve that stem!
  • Craig24
    Ahh right! I always thought it looked strange! It's a 25.4mm bar clamp though and I struggled to find one, I will keep my eye out for something a bit more up to date. Thanks for the feedback guys.
  • Craig24
    Few new pics, few new bits!

70mm Thomson stem with red faceplate
    720 Answer Pro bars
    Deore M615 brakes

IMG_7165.jpg

IMG_7168.jpg
  • The Rookie
    Much better looking stem! Like the red with the Panaracer tyre red!
  • Nice :)
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Nice bike. Well done for loosing the 1990's freeride stem. I hope you chose the tyre based on on the sidewall colour, there's no other reason to fit Panaracers!
  • Lovely looking bike. I've been on cyclocross bikes recently, and I decided I really need a nice XC mtb to bring around the country with me.