Mountain Biking Holiday in the Chatel Region

jackk1992
jackk1992 Posts: 141
edited March 2015 in Holidays
Looking at going away in July to Chatel for abit of mountain biking and then nipping into Switzerland for the Downhill World Cup :)

Has anyone ever ridden in the Chatel area and have any tips and things to look out for while im there? :)

cheers
2013 Mondraker Foxy XR MS Mountain Bike
Giant TCR-1 Custom Road Bike
2013 Merida Big Nine TFS 500
2015 Merida Ride 4000

"Because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion"

Comments

• UH DH
    UH DH Posts: 4,160
    You'll need to get the bus.

Chatel has a few trails from the lift in town, but the main riding area is Pré la Joux up the valley, which needs you to either drive there or catch the bus. I think you can also take the lift in town to descend into Morgins which has a bunch of fun trails. You have access to the whole Portes Du Soleil. Just keep an eye on the time and pay attention to lift closing times. Chatel is not a fun place to get back to if you miss the last lift.

Also, keep an eye on the weather. Thunder shuts all the lifts down, so if it looks like it's coming on to rain, start heading back and just ride locally.
    Check out my site - http://www.trail-dog.co.uk
    It's good for you.
  • jackk1992
    jackk1992 Posts: 141
    Thats great thanks for the advice :) I'm not complete set on going to Chatel, i'm open to anywhere in that area really. I ride trials predominantly so just want lots of hours in the saddle, with nice weather and awesome trials really haha. So if people have advice on the best places to go that would be great! :)
    2013 Mondraker Foxy XR MS Mountain Bike
    Giant TCR-1 Custom Road Bike
    2013 Merida Big Nine TFS 500
    2015 Merida Ride 4000

"Because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion"