Flanders sportive 2015 anyone entered who cant do it?

kirkee
kirkee Posts: 369
Hello all, I've organised a trip over there and have a rider who wants to come over and do the full distance ride with us but hasn't made the register cut off. The online entry system is now fully booked. Are there any forum members who have booked onto the event who can no longer participate?
Ideally the full distance sportive including morning coach transfer to Brugge but any of the shorter options would be gratefully considered.

cheers
Caveat - I buy and ride cheap, however, I reserve the right to advise on expensive kit that I have never actually used and possibly never will

Comments

• durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    I know of a couple of folks who queued up very first thing, for a couple of hours and finally got a spot. That was for the 135km route in and out of Oudenaarde though.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • kirkee
    Thats good to know- it may be his the only option. Thanks
    Caveat - I buy and ride cheap, however, I reserve the right to advise on expensive kit that I have never actually used and possibly never will
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,464
    I'm in the same boat, apart from we're all booked up apart from sportives entry. I checked to make sure there were places available late afternoon, then by the time I'd booked the hotel and tunnel crossing that night it was full.

If anyone does get a space or two available please let me know.

Cheers
    Gary
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • kirkee
    good luck. From what I see online this looks like the first time the events made the capacity limit of riders.

I suppose the option of unofficially riding would be worthwhile then stay Sunday and watch the race- still not a bad weekend away!
  • NUFCrichard
    NUFCrichard Posts: 103
    Sent you a PN, I think I might have a space in the long distance, no bus booked though
  • kirkee
    Thanks NUFCritchard Ive PM'd you back

cheers
  • If you're still looking, I have a spare for the 239
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • kirkee
    Thanks but the rider on our trip got an entry for the full distance ride from NUFCritchard
  • kirkee
    Hi disgruntledgoat do you still have your entry available? There maybe a rider added onto our trip who needs entry.

thanks, Matt