planet x

theraggyone
theraggyone Posts: 147
edited April 2015 in Your road bikes
Hi all,I made the switch to road riding from mountain biking in January this year as I just wanted to be able to ride more without having to travel first to get there :P last year I clocked up nearly 3000 miles on my Banshee spitfire of which alot was on the road, so it seemed the sensible option to get a road bike as we moved house and I now have room for more bikes.

I got my Planet x pro carbon with full sram rival 22 in mid January and have completely fallen in love with road riding, ive even brought a turbo trainer to increase my fitness further. So far ive clocked up over 550 miles on her and am slowly increasing the distances I travel. Ive signed up to a couple of sportives this year cant wait.

Anyway here she is ive added the deda stem and seatpost since I brought it. Excuse the mudguards please I will be removing them for spring /summer ;-)

DSC_0286.jpg

DSC_0291.jpg

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    That looks splendid!

Why are you apologising for the mudguards? I for one don't like filthy water spraying up my @rse crack. I have full SKS chromoplastics on my wet weather bike and they only come off when I strip and rebuild it!
  • I've become a huge fan of Planet X's frames over the last few months having bought a London Road which has ticked every single box I wanted. I'm hoping to build a MTB up using one of their frames eventually too.
  • theraggyone
    Only appologised for the mudguards as the bike looks better without them there the lowest profile I could find and do kind of blend in. they are a necessity at this time of year in the UK though :-P
    Thanks for the comments;-) im going for a ride now the weather here is lovely and I dont work Friday afternoons B-)
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Only appologised for the mudguards as the bike looks better without them there the lowest profile I could find and do kind of blend in. they are a necessity at this time of year in the UK though :-P
    Thanks for the comments;-) im going for a ride now the weather here is lovely and I dont work Friday afternoons B-)

Lucky bugger! You're right about the weather; just had a walk round the Science park! Sadly cannot escape till 4 then I have to collect wife's car from the garage where they've kindly granted it an MOT for another year :D

Then I might get out on the bike!
  • Whoah, I just noticed you guys are local! If you're up for a ride at any point let me know!
  • theraggyone
    Made a few changes for summer and as I just sold my mountain bike for a tidy sum I managed to spirit some of it away and buy new wheels before it all got spent on house improvements. my new summer wheels are mavic ksysium elite s . They still have the mavic yskium pro tyres on at the moment but I do have schwalbe ones to fit if I dont get on with the mavic tyres. The bikes now half a kilo lighter at 7.5 kg now. Cant wait to give the wheels a proper ride out.

DSC_0589.jpg