The end of a spesh era

seanorawe
seanorawe Posts: 950
edited March 2015 in Your road bikes
Since the start of the cycle 2 work scheme through my employer, I have ordered a new bike every year. And I have always stuck with Specialized. I have now decided to stick with the one bike and upgrade components etc every year. I have also decided to end my relationship with Spesh and I have ordered a Bianchi via nirone 7 Sora. Spesh have served me well, so here is hoping a Bianchi entry level will also serve me well. Thoughts?

v39crr.jpg
Cube Attain SL Disc
Giant CRS 2.0

Comments

• lancew
    lancew Posts: 680
    Traitor.
    Specialized Allez Sport 2013
  • seanorawe
    Lancew wrote:
    Traitor.

Its just one letter change to a patriot
    Cube Attain SL Disc
    Giant CRS 2.0
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    seanorawe wrote:
    Lancew wrote:
    Traitor.

A patriot is worse that a traitor in my book.
    At least traitors aren't necessarily fundamentalists...patriots are!

The Nirone looks like a nice bike.
    Why were you buying a new bike every year? Do you do colossal mileage and were wearing them out? Otherwise wouldn't it be better to buy a better one every two years instead? Or you just like to have new stuff?
  • seanorawe
    Ai_1 wrote:
    seanorawe wrote:
    Lancew wrote:
    Traitor.

Why were you buying a new bike every year? Do you do colossal mileage and were wearing them out? Otherwise wouldn't it be better to buy a better one every two years instead? Or you just like to have new stuff?

Shiney new thing syndrome
    Cube Attain SL Disc
    Giant CRS 2.0
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    seanorawe wrote:
    Ai_1 wrote:
    seanorawe wrote:
    Lancew wrote:
    Traitor.

Shiney new thing syndrome

Correct answer. :)
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • iron-clover
    iron-clover Posts: 737
    Love it!
    I love the celeste paint and always looked lovingly at the old Nirone that was sometimes parked up at work.

Enjoy :)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Love that colour. Black and celeste. Great choice. What happened to the old speshs?
  • It's a great looking bike, I used to have one as my everyday bike until it got pinched...

Would recommend changing the wheels though, those Reparto Course's are terrible!
  • Ai_1 wrote:
    seanorawe wrote:
    Lancew wrote:
    Traitor.

I'm with Sean on this (must be a Sean thing, as i'm Sean too).

I prefer to buy cheaper bikes and upgrade my bikes over time. I find the process much more fun of picking everything out, I get shiny new things regularly, and I get to annoy my wife with the pointless perils cyclists have to face when ordering new parts.

Sounds like a win to me!
  • buzzwold
    buzzwold Posts: 197
    Welcome to the world of Bianchi, where there are dedicated Bianchi enthusiasts who set up rides "i-ride Bianchi".

My via Nirone ended up with Campy Athena and Fulcrum F5s. I loved it and it's a great ride. Plus, it makes you feel more special than specialized IMHO.
    Someone's just passed me again
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,237
    This is the only Bianchi I've ever owned... we are talking about 35 years ago... mine was a lighter shade of blue, kind of Gios blue... awesome bike, didn't need no upgrade

5595304244.jpg
    left the forum March 2023
  • MisterMuncher
    MisterMuncher Posts: 1,302
    That looks a pretty serious big ring for a kid's bike!
  • seanorawe
    I had a quick feel for it in a LBS and they difference in weight compared to other entry level spesh bikes is great. The paint work on it is amazing, and I love the celeste running through it. Bring on the good weather and brighter mornings.
    Cube Attain SL Disc
    Giant CRS 2.0
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,237
    That looks a pretty serious big ring for a kid's bike!

In the days the fashion for 90 RPM cadence had still to arrive
    left the forum March 2023
  • bianchibob
    bianchibob Posts: 306
    Like you I love Bianchi, but also love Specialized, so I bought them both, Specialized Venge 11 speed Ultegra, and a carbon framed Bianchi 928 Campagnolo 10 speed Record. Both are awesome bikes and I love them to bits.
    Also have kept my original bike a Specialized Allez which I have slowly upgraded and use as my training/winter bike, I was thinking of getting rid of the Allez but some how couldn't as it rides beautifully and as it was my first bike when I started cycling again I feel sort of loyal to it.