Oh Hell, it's Monday

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,363
edited March 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Moaning all,
I'm here, new bloke starting today. Well newish, they nicked him from another department because it's easier than getting fresh blood in. I'm going to spend the day answering silly questions internally as well as externally then. I'm going to leave at 4:30 then as I can't be bothered.
New boy had better make me a fookin' cup of tea soon. :twisted:

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,886
    Bugger, Monday

Good swim this morning, now a day of budgets - the joys
  • veronese68
    matthew h wrote:
    ... now a day of budgets - the joys
    Better than a day lying in a hospital bed being fed through tubes you w@nker.
    Not that I'm bitter or anything. :lol:
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'm going to spend the day answering silly questions internally as well as externally then.
    That's what I do pretty much every day!

Morning Losers!

Well after last nights shoot car fiasco, I'm once again back in Bury and have managed to book the day off work as a 'holiday'. I'm not particularly happy, as this isn't really anything like a holiday.

Until I know about my car, I've no idea what todays plans are.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    Until I know about my car, I've no idea what todays plans are.
    Look in the book and see if there is a fuse or a relay for the fuel pump. You'd hope the AA man would check, but there are no guarantees with these things.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    It's in the garage now. I hope it's something as simple as that, but knowing this sodding car, it won't be. I wouldn't be surprised if they point out that the car is held together with one rusted bolt and is unroadworthy. To be honest, it might be the kicking it needs, though financially, it's what I don't need.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Ah finished for the day again, and off tuesday/wednesday!

Better plan stuff to do the next couple of days or i'll be bored out my tits!
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Up at 1am, up at 3am, up at 5am then up at 6:20 for good. Knackered now. Drove to work but got car to ride how, not sure if I will though. We'll see.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • veronese68
    oodboo wrote:
    Up at 1am, up at 3am, up at 5am then up at 6:20 for good. Knackered now. Drove to work but got car to ride how, not sure if I will though. We'll see.
    Blimey, you must be tired.
  • oodboo
    Veronese68 wrote:
    oodboo wrote:
    Blimey, you must be tired.
    Got bike in car to ride home. Looks like an early finish anyway now as the reason for being up most of the night is probably heading to A&E soon so I need to get back for the youngerer one finishing nursery.

Strava
  • Mattharrier
    Mattharrier Posts: 173
    Afternoon. It's Monday so it's obviously rubbish. Good weekend, Saturday at Swinley and gardening yesterday, all a distant memory now though.
  • veronese68
    oodboo wrote:
    Looks like an early finish anyway now as the reason for being up most of the night is probably heading to A&E soon so I need to get back for the youngerer one finishing nursery.
    Oh dear. Hope not so young one is alright. Bloke here is off with his kid due to suspected meningitis. Thankfully in spite of what people will tell you the NHS is pretty good on the whole. Look how quickly they patched up MattH after his accident on Friday.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Evening beetches!

Weekend of blah leads to a monday of double blah, morning of brieings off some grown ups, doubt they'll be brief! Then an afternoon of team building which for me means a round of golf or promotion sticks as they are sometimes known!

But now........fooods!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • oodboo
    Veronese68 wrote:
    oodboo wrote:
    Looks like an early finish anyway now as the reason for being up most of the night is probably heading to A&E soon so I need to get back for the youngerer one finishing nursery.
    Oh dear. Hope not so young one is alright. Bloke here is off with his kid due to suspected meningitis. Thankfully in spite of what people will tell you the NHS is pretty good on the whole. Look how quickly they patched up MattH after his accident on Friday.
    He's ok, got some antibiotics as a precaution, you know how they like giving out antibiotics. He's severely disabled so we're getting to know the staff pretty well now. For emergency care they're great, long term day to day care it's a constant battle with them.
    Hope it doesn't turn out to be meningitis for that bloke, that can be nasty. Bloody anti vaxers to thank for the increase in cases.

Strava
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,723
    Evening Gits,

A predictably busy day in officeland. Wales is a bit of a fading memory now but at least the next one is booked. Think I will pedal in tomorrow as I ate a shed load of Canadian choccies and biscuits that one of the minions brought back from his skiing holiday. Homewards - to G&T :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    oodboo wrote:
    He's ok, got some antibiotics as a precaution, you know how they like giving out antibiotics. He's severely disabled so we're getting to know the staff pretty well now. For emergency care they're great, long term day to day care it's a constant battle with them.
    Hope it doesn't turn out to be meningitis for that bloke, that can be nasty. Bloody anti vaxers to thank for the increase in cases.
    That's my experience with the NHS. Better than great day to day and problems in emergencies I guess. Completely agree about anti vaxers, and the press will still spread scare stories.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,886
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    ... now a day of budgets - the joys
    Better than a day lying in a hospital bed being fed through tubes you w@nker.
    Not that I'm bitter or anything. :lol:

True

Main minions husband passed away today, not even 40 :(