Which Kneepads ?

SpecializedJake
SpecializedJake Posts: 34
edited March 2015 in MTB buying advice
Looking at getting a new set of pads for summer. Currently stuck between the fox launch pro and the fox launch pro enduro. The launch pro is a larger pad with a hard shell where as the enduro is a softer more minimal pad. Can get either for the same price. They will be worn with shorts so bulk isn't an issue really. I already have pads for beneath my jeans at the dirt jumps. Just wondering if anybody has any experience with either of these pads and would possibly be able to give their opinion on which is better for an idiot on a hardtail :lol:
2018 On One Proto
2013 Haro Pro XL BMX
2017 Planet X London Road

Comments

• POAH wrote:
    get ones that fit

Yep. Ordered some fox pros from CRC and they were tiny (for me) I impatiently went to a new lbs to try some on and managed to nab some 661 evos for £40. Online reviews and recommendations can only get you so far.

CC
    '14 Whyte T129s-*DEAD*
    OnOne Codeine 29er
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Had launch pros for a bit over a year. No complaints good support and take knocks well most people seem to have to have the L/XL size for the knee cup to sit correctly which is what I had to do. The enduros from what I can tell are a bit thinner as theres no hard shell bad that not much difference.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I would go for something much lighter, like the Troy Lee or Dainese knee pads.
  • bigmitch41
    bigmitch41 Posts: 685
    Just got a set of Dainese Trail skins as wanted a lighter option for all day rides, been happy with them so far...
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • BloggingFit
    BloggingFit Posts: 919
    BigMitch41 wrote:
    Just got a set of Dainese Trail skins as wanted a lighter option for all day rides, been happy with them so far...
    Trail Skins are on my list for purchase soon. How did you find sizing? According to their sizing I'm smack between medium and large so figure sizing up May be a better option.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    BigMitch41 wrote:
    Trail Skins are on my list for purchase soon. How did you find sizing? According to their sizing I'm smack between medium and large so figure sizing up May be a better option.

http://wp.me/p4HYH0-M
  • BloggingFit
    BloggingFit Posts: 919
    POAH wrote:
    BigMitch41 wrote:

That was extremely useful and puts in at large.

Very much appreciated.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    POAH wrote:
    BigMitch41 wrote:

That was extremely useful and puts in at large.

Very much appreciated.

Yep - very handy that. About to order a set of Trail Skins and would've got Medium (I'm a medium for 661 pads) but seems maybe Large would be a better option.

Cheers
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    I keep meaning to add the XL size as my bro in law has that size