Garmin 810

divingmoose
divingmoose Posts: 540
edited March 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys looking at a garmin 810 and wondered what people's thoughts are when using them for the navigation on routes. Is it easy to follow and how many routes are on the internet to download. I like the routes like jacobs ladder etc and wonderd are these easy to find and download

Comments

• Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    There are gajillions of routes, simply because you make them yourself - bikehike.co.uk

Do some research, google has a wealth of route examples which you can use or just have as information to create your own.

I do find it funny when people post these sort of things, when google would have told you in a fraction of the time.

Route navigation is ok on the garmin, off road you don't get turn by turn prompts like you would on road unless you setup special markers, but I've never had an issue navigating with my 800 (which is effectively the same), if you go off course it soon lets you know.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    You do get turn by turn off road on the 1000, so you may on the 810, which has the same software (unlike the 800).
  • divingmoose
    divingmoose Posts: 540
    Briggo
    I think you are right about Google but if we go down that route every time then we may as well close these forums down as you can pretty much find anything on Google. Is it not part of the whole forum thing to get the opinions of people who are like minded on the site.