new front wheel

kester
kester Posts: 79
edited March 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys had a crash today and buckled my front wheel and now need to replace it. buckled wheel is a DT Swiss M1900, i was looking at either getting another M1900 or the stronger E1900 model but thought i would ask you guys for opinions aswell.

type of riding i do is trail / A.M, other requirements for the wheel are
15mm through axle
IS-6 bolt
tubeless ready as an advantage but i don't currently have my wheels set-up tubeless
price under £150 preferable but could stretch to £200 at maximum

cheers in advance

Comments

• Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Hope Pro 2 hub with a wide variety of rims can be had for that price, I got one with a flow ex rim for under £110 the other week.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Or just a rim of your choice and lace it to your hub.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • kester
    kester Posts: 79
    The Rookie wrote:
    Or just a rim of your choice and lace it to your hub.

I know this would be a cheaper option but I don't feel confident enough about building up a wheel myself.
    Antm81 wrote:
    Hope Pro 2 hub with a wide variety of rims can be had for that price, I got one with a flow ex rim for under £110 the other week.

yeah had looked at the hopes but got confused with all the rim options available! will have another look at them though
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Wheel building is easier than you imagine. have a look online theres loads of guides. If I were you Id be tempted to build it up roughly then get it trued at an LBS will work out a fair bit cheaper than buying a whole new wheel.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Building a wheel is easy. Building a really good wheel is not easy.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    edited March 2015
    It's not hard either, it just takes time and patience....or if you don't have much patience, then lots of tea breaks....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.