The 'Something is not quite right Saturday' thread

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,196
edited March 2015 in The bottom bracket
Rain and wind so rollers for me whilst football focus is on.

Decks are clear before Hell on earth 2 - the sequel, when we start clearing the backlog.

Arran, Stevo and matth are MIA. Sorry, Arran is just missing.

Laters.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning, well nearly.
    I think Stevo has a long day driving the length and breadth of the country. Hopefully Matt has had his collarbone pinned or whatever they are doing. Does that make him more Terminator than Stevo? I'm sure we'll hear the full story over the next few days. Hopefully Matt's injuries aren't too bad and will heal properly. I doubt he got a chance to enjoy the view from the helicopter though.
    PW77 is enjoying life with any luck. Certainly more than those two at the moment.
    Quiet day here. Most of us are recovering from this stomach bug so not much going on here. Might get out to the garage for a potter later on.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Decent ride with the daughter, wife's car has a puncture which needs sorting, daughter is off to a friends for the night and it's just me and my better half.

Happy days.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    I've had a great day, swimming lessons with the kids followed by dropping them off at some friends - which meant the current wife and I could go to the health club flair hour brats!

Country pub on the way back - life is good and injury free ;)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Glad to hear no aches and pains after yesterday Matt. It was a great day out 8)

As for the the rest of you (with one honourable exception) - hook, line and sinker :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • People have kids and look forward to days of not looking after them.

Am I missing something?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Glad to hear no aches and pains after yesterday Matt. It was a great day out 8)

As for the the rest of you (with one honourable exception) - hook, line and sinker :P

Bike is in more pain, 2 broken spokes and a knackered back brake

It was a fantastic day and I will be back, just need to buy a full suspension bike
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    That's a relief.

Thank you for the concern
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    That's a relief.
    We'll be sending out some complementary copies of the 'Angling Times' to a select few :wink: Only Pinno rumbled us and even after I dropped that stuff in about the chopper rescue, nobody twigged :mrgreen:

We had a top day out, only slightly spoilt by the fact that Matt's bike was trashed by lunchtime. Those tracks are pretty tough on bikes, esp as he did a black run with us on only the third uplift of the day 8) I'll start a thread about the return trip anyime soon...

Matt - is that footage of me and Darryl dropping into the black run at the top worth posting?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    It was a fantastic day and I will be back, just need to buy a full suspension bike
    Hurry up and get shopping :) A 160-170mm FS with slack geo will handle anything there no problems. Something like Darryls bike is ideal, if anything I'm overbiked for most of it.
  • veronese68
    Are you not still selling the bruiser? Oh, and Matt buy some body armour just in case you really have tempted fate for next time.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Are you not still selling the bruiser? Oh, and Matt buy some body armour just in case you really have tempted fate for next time.

It was really a pic of me! Just from a roadie crash
  • veronese68
    Crashing on roads hurts too. At least you can't get run over by a truck off road.
    So the Orange wasn't quite a lemon, just the wrong kind of fruit.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Crashing on roads hurts too. At least you can't get run over by a truck off road.
    So the Orange wasn't quite a lemon, just the wrong kind of fruit.

Being pi$$ed off makes you quite funny.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I've kind of changed my mind as it's a good bike for the place we went yesterday and a good back up in case the Panzer is out of action at any time. But that's the sort of thing he needs.
  • veronese68
    Being pi$$ed off makes you quite funny.
    I'm not in the slightest upset, better that I look a fool than somebody actually hurts themselves.

that sanctimonious claptrap should make me look like I give a toss and Piña look like the bitter twisted old cynic again.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    matthew h wrote:
    I've had a great day, swimming lessons with the kids followed by dropping them off at some friends - which meant the current wife and I could go to the health club flair hour brats!

Boll@cks!!! We demand satisfaction and at least a broken bone for all that wasted sympathy! It's not a relief at all :evil:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Boll@cks!!! We demand satisfaction and at least a broken bone for all that wasted sympathy! It's not a relief at all :evil:
    Seano, have you not received your free copy of 'The Angling Times' yet? :P
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I suspected it was fake when your picture had adverts all over it. But I refrained from asking on two reasons 1) I was wrong and I just became the most heartless basted around 2) it was amusing watching the responses

Anyone Florence is warm and sunny
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    I suspected it was fake when your picture had adverts all over it. But I refrained from asking on two reasons 1) I was wrong and I just became the most heartless basted around 2) it was amusing watching the responses

Anyone Florence is warm and sunny
    It was a real pic of Matt h, just from a totally different crash a while back - which just goes to show how roadie riding is more dangerous than downhill :)

Re: reason number 1, I think that's what quite a few people are claiming now :wink:

Enjoy the rest of Florence.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I was thinking 'poor bugger, hasn't he just recovered from a broken bone from a roadie crash'.

Actually I was thinking 'should have known better'
  • pinno
    coriordan wrote:
    I was thinking 'poor bugger, hasn't he just recovered from a broken bone from a roadie crash'.

...and Stevo should have known better to have... oh, hang on...
  • tlw1
    coriordan wrote:

never going to happen