The Lurghi

ajkerr73
ajkerr73 Posts: 318
edited March 2015 in Road general
Last Friday, I started to feel a bit crook half way round a tough-ish 45 miler.

When I got home, I had half an hour of the shivers then largely recovered. Binned the Sunday club run to limit the damage then tried a Wattbike session on Wednesday which was largely unsuccessful as I just couldn't get my HR up into the required zones.

Done nothing since, haven't got any worse but as I'm actually not feeling horrendous anyway, just a bit of a cough, it's hard to tell.

Should I bin the Sunday run or just go for it.?

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Why not try and do a nice ride on Sunday, say 25 flattish miles at nothing more than tempo? Leave the computer at home and just try and enjoy getting out without pushing your body whilst it is recovering.
  • Bobbinogs wrote:
    Why not try and do a nice ride on Sunday, say 25 flattish miles at nothing more than tempo? Leave the computer at home and just try and enjoy getting out without pushing your body whilst it is recovering.

How will anyone know he's done a ride!?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    Bobbinogs wrote:

How will anyone know he's done a ride!?

True, do what most strava geeks do, ride round with your garmin and then make sure you post the title as "SOLO, windy as hell, recovery, rode with a puncture and didn't realise ride"

Then you won't mind if your average speed drops! :)
  • ajkerr73
    ajkerr73 Posts: 318
    Did the short club run and felt great apart from a bit of a coughing frenzy at the top of one of he hills.

Feel fine now, but still coughing a good bit.

Green solids being produced...just to keep you all fully informed!!
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Ajkerr73 wrote:

Green solids being produced...just to keep you all fully informed!!

That's good to know.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"