Short stem for kids MTB

Myster101
Myster101 Posts: 856
edited February 2015 in MTB buying advice
As title I'm after a short stem (~30mm) for my daughters MTB. Needs to be 25.4mm clamp for bars and standard 1 1/8 steerer fitment. The only one I can find so far is on CRC but it's a bit OTT for her needs. Just wondering if anybody can point me in the right direction.

Cheers all.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
Ribble 7005 Sportive

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    That short in a 25.4 clamp is rare, you'll just have to shop around!

The BMX/Jump style can be had cheap, but most are about 50mm
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GT-SMITH-BMX- ... 3a9b03b355
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • The Rookie wrote:
    That short in a 25.4 clamp is rare, you'll just have to shop around!

The BMX/Jump style can be had cheap, but most are about 50mm
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GT-SMITH-BMX- ... 3a9b03b355

Thanks Rookie, been looking for a while now, only one I've found even close is from CRC but it's probably worth more than her bike is :?

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • POAH, was thinking along the same lines so ordered a shim last night. Gives me a lot more options.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • POAH wrote:
    alternative is to get a 31.8 bar

Cheers mate was thinking about that but have gone for the shims and have ordered a new stem. Hopefully will sort out her slight over reach.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If she has an offset seatpost and inline would correct back about 20mm of that without affecting steering.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Doh, never thought of that! Can't remember if it's offset or in line, will check later when I get home.

Cheers Rookie.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive