Big Bottom Bracket

kuyajosh
kuyajosh Posts: 7
edited February 2015 in Road beginners
I have question about shimano 105 5800. Im having problem installing the SM-BBR60 bottom bracket in my mosso frame. It seems too big. Does SM-BBR60 comes in different thread size?is there smaller than 1.37 that will fit in my 105 5800series?any suggestion?I don't want to change my bike frame and I want to use the 105. Can you please kindly help?

Comments

• There's nothing smaller in current production, and they should fit. Not to ask a silly or insulting question, but are you sure you're putting the cups on the correct side of the bike?
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Yes, your replacement may be the Italian threaded one ... 2 sizes, one english, the other.. this gives the sizes:
    http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/shim ... wwod4CsA9w
  • There's nothing smaller in current production, and they should fit. Not to ask a silly or insulting question, but are you sure you're putting the cups on the correct side of the bike?
    I think im doing it right the Right side of the bike is where the Crankset is installed.
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    Have you cleaned the BB threads out?
  • And you do know one side has a left hand thread?
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    kuyajosh wrote:
    There's nothing smaller in current production, and they should fit. Not to ask a silly or insulting question, but are you sure you're putting the cups on the correct side of the bike?
    I think im doing it right the Right side of the bike is where the Crankset is installed.

What's the crankset got to do with it?

As above, I first suspected you may be trying to fit an italian threaded BB into an English threaded BB shell. Have a look at:

http://sheldonbrown.com/cribsheet-bottombrackets.html

However you mention 1.37. Is that written on the BB cups you have? In which case you do have the English threaded one.
    They are also marked L / R (from the rider's viewpoint, so R means drive side) and show which direction you turn them to tighten. Left hand thread on the drive side cup.

(Italian is normal thread for both, which means the drive side cup can unscrew in use)

The first few threads should engage when turning by hand. It gets harder once you get to the threadlock bit
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Take it to a shop so they can face the bottom bracket. While you're at it just have them install it.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Grill wrote:
    Take it to a shop so they can face the bottom bracket. While you're at it just have them install it.

Op has gone off cycling in favour of golf