SuperSix Evo sizing?

Xcessiv
Xcessiv Posts: 15
edited March 2015 in Road buying advice
Hello.

I could get a killer deal for a 48cm SuperSix Evo in the following dimensions:
evogeom.png

I prefer smaller frames in general, would it be suitable for me?

Height : 5'5
Inseam : 29¾"
Torso : 25"
Arm : 23"
measuring_img.jpg

Thanks!

Comments

• I'm 5,6 and ride a 50 cm and a 52cm Cannondale EVO both fit me Ok.
  • I'm 5'9 and ride a 50 as I have short arms and legs. The top tube is very long, combined with the short head tube gives a stretched out, low position on the bike. Look at the seat tube length on the 48 - can you get a saddle high enough based on your inside leg measurement and will be saddle to bars drop be too aggressive for your type of riding?
  • I am same height as you.
    I have a 50cm frame with a short stem.
    Would have thought 48 may be a little small...
    Dont get too swayed by the great deal get the right size...
    Plenty of shops around to sit on a SuperSix...
  • use this link: http://www.fitandfind.com/smartfit-fram ... search.htm

and input your height and inseam in mm and it'll give you your size. you can toggle between performance and sportive models to see what it comes up with.

I just bought an EVO and was between the 56 and the 58 and bought the 58 based partly on this site.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • cswitch
    cswitch Posts: 261
    seat tube angle is steep so that means if you want to keep your typical saddle position on a more typical 73 deg frame you will have the seat pushed further back on the bike in relation to the front of the bike. This kind of increases top tube length so you would maybe need a slightly shorter stem. You might have a lot of seat post showing but you should be able to get it to fit.

Pro's are riding forever smaller frames anyway so you'll probably look pro. ;)
  • cswitch
    cswitch Posts: 261
    ...if you compare stack and reach with your geometry of your existing bike you will get a better understanding of how the real sizes of each frame compare. Stack is the key one to compare.