Thule 532 Freeride, anybody use one?

andy46
andy46 Posts: 1,666
edited February 2015 in MTB buying advice
I was all set to buy 2 Thule 591 Prorides, as it turns out these wouldn't be too suitable for our bikes due to the position of gear cables and brake hoses.

The 532 Freeride looks to be better as it clamps at the sides of the down tube rather than top and bottom.

Is there any owners on here that have any views or potential problems to share? The bikes are quite heavy at around 30lbs each, would this cause any issues?

Thanks.
2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    My bikes have hoses and cables on top of the downtube and the shape of the proride clamp means there is no pressure on them. The V profile clamps either side of the tube with the cables loose in the root of the V.
    The Proride is much better than the Freeride stronger and more adjustable.
  • andy46
    The cable and hose on my bike are not right up against the down tube they're on top of it but in mid air. You could get a finger between hose and frame, I'll get a photo up later if this helps.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    But they are flexible so as long as they arent crushed against the frame its fine.
  • andy46
    Went to Halfords today to look at the 591 proride in the flesh, think I'll get away with it looking at it properly.
    Thanks for the help.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL