Heart Rate iPhone apps?

rhysyd
rhysyd Posts: 141
edited February 2015 in Road general
Doesn't anybody know an iPhone app that connects with a Garmin Heart rate sensor? Just so I can keep track on heart rate whilst on bike in the gym rather then having to take my garmin with me?

Comments

• I'm not sure iPhones take Ant+ signals so you'd need an adaptor. I have one that works with a Polar strap.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • rhysyd
    rhysyd Posts: 141
    Yeah I think you need an adaptor but I'm not paying £36.99 for one!!
  • iPhone's don't work with the Garmin HR sensors as they don't have ANT+. You could get ANT+ adapters for iPhone 4S and below but I don't think anyone has made one of those to work with the lightening ports on the iPhone 5 and above.

Wahoo Fitness make a HRM which works with iPhone, I have one myself, works well.
  • The adaptor I have actually connects to the headphone socket so it works on the later models.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • The adaptor I have actually connects to the headphone socket so it works on the later models.

Ingenuous!

Various wahoo fitness devices now do ANT+/Bluetooth bridging, if you're in the market for any more sensors.
  • Also they operate in dual mode. e.g. The heart rate and cadence sensors do bluetooth LE and ANT+. The RFLKT does ANT+ to Bluetooth bridging.
  • Chris87
    Chris87 Posts: 224
    I use the topeak bluetooth HR monitor with my iPhone on the wahoo app, works a treat and isn't too expensive.