BTWIN Rockrider BIG 8

Yafai_Biker
Yafai_Biker Posts: 10
edited February 2015 in MTB general
I got a btwin rockrider today. I checked the reviews and they where all good.

im just wondering what the bike community think of the bike?

be nice its my first post

also the pads rub together very slightly once every roations if you get what i mean. How can i make them free flowing and sharp.

also the rear gear cable could do with replaces it chages gears but its on its last legs. how much wil it cost to replace.

heres a link to the bike: http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rockrider-bi ... 80092.html

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    A few pounds and 5 minutes. Presumably not new.
    Read Parktools for how to.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    How do the pads rub together with a disc in between?

A cable is a few quid tops, and changing it will take about 10 minutes, how do you know it is on it's last legs?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
    • thanks guys yeah il check youtube but the pads rubbing against the disc and the gears are now fixed. there is a grinding sound coming from the front hub i think... i have fully greased it and still the same sound?
    • The Rookie
      Sounds like it could be from the disc/pads, you rarely get a grinding noise from the bearings unless they are so far gone the wheel won't even stay straight.
      Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
    • Yafai_Biker
      Yafai_Biker Posts: 10
      edited March 2015
      Thanks
    • The Rookie
      Remove the calliper from the fork leg and see if the noise goes away.

I'd take down you number and offer to share via PM!