Looking for a new bike

PB dreamer
PB dreamer Posts: 23
edited February 2015 in Road general
Hi there,

Just looking for some advise as I am considering buying a new bike for the season ahead. So far the bike that has taken my fancy is the new Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8.0. £3600. Does anyone have any other suggestions on a bike for the same kind of price??

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Have you considered the Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 7.0 Di2. Looks better value at £3300
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Mmm Asking an open forum what bike to get fir 3 and a half grand. Stand by to receive 200 different suggestions of what suits 200 different peoples tastes
  • haha good point didn't think of that, cheers sloopy i'll check that out.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Mmm Asking an open forum what bike to get fir 3 and a half grand. Stand by to receive 200 different suggestions of what suits 200 different peoples tastes
    Very true e.g. http://whyte.bike/gb/models/road/rrd-ca ... e-ultegra/ The bikes mentioned look good value.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Are there any particular things you are looking for? I.e. do you want di2, disc brakes, a race bike or something more comfortable.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I'd pick up something in last year's colours but with the same spec as this year's and spend the grand saving on a really smart cycling holiday.

Buy that BMC team machine with full Di2 that was up for a grand and talked about in that huge "what bike for 3,500" thread that was on here a couple of months ago - Winstanleys I think? Then 2,500 on holidays and wine.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.