Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 SL

petelars
petelars Posts: 19
edited February 2015 in Your road bikes
IMG_0560_zpshju7lxpp.jpg

Completely stock, save for an SRAM Quickview out-front Garmin mount and Look Keo Blade pedals. And a nametag decal, I suppose.

I got it on sale in the Fall, when the 2015 models began hitting the website. Added the VLCS 2.0 seatpost for the comfort.

Tips the scale at 6,1 kg - it really is a featherweight.

Haven't really ridden it yet, save a 3 km test-run, but the geometry is the same as my old bike. Hopefully, it'll see me through La Marmotte this summer in style.

Comments

• Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    lovely bike, is that quite a large frame?
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • A featherweight indeed!

Enjoy :)
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • It's a Large in Canyon terms - the geometry is essentially identical to my Focus Cayo size 56.
  • Great frame, great specification, great bike - enjoy!
  • Man,that is one stunning bike. Just bought a Canyon Spectral 29 and boy I'm getting hitched to this brand.

Please tell me more : size L you've said, how tall are you ?
    Specialized Tarmac Sworks
    Canyon Spectral 8.9
  • I'm 185 cm - so just around 6 feet.

It's a full SRAM Red 22 Gruppo, with the VCLS seatpost which is supposed to act a bit like a leaf spring, reducing road buzz. I haven't ridden it very much yet, so the jury's still out there. The R-SYS SLR wheels are unbeliably zippy though. Not a lot mass to get moving when setting off, at least compared to my Cosmic Carbone SLs. I have a Garmin 500 I'll stick on there when I begin riding it (black and red, of course :) ).

I get to giggle like a little girl on occasion, whenever I need to move it around the apartment. It's just so damn light.

I really ought to get a 100 mm stem (it comes with an 110 mm), but I want to see if I can't get used to being slightly more extended - I've trained a lot more since I got fitted for my old bike, including a lot of core work.