The achy Sunday thread

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited February 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Cruddites.......

Had to put in a concrete base for a new shed yesterday to house the latest addition to the The Rookies arc, a rabbit.

500kg dry weight of concrete mixed and laid in a day, was totally knackered last night and have a few achy muscles today, quieter day today as I'm doing a mini rebuild on the sons Scott as he's starting riding again having not done much for a year.
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    You beat me to it by a minute!

Morning

Should be out on a reliability ride, but as we ended up staying in Chester last minute - its family time, so not a bad compromise.

Lazy start planned, then off to another museum, nice lunch somewhere and then travel back later (probably to the pub) ;)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    Morning Tards,

Woke up early due to last nights Thai takeaway backfiring on me :) Have done a bit of messing around with suspension settings on the Panzer for the hell of it and am now trying to catch up with some work. Ho hum. Busy week ahead as I'm only in for 3 and a bit days before Wales beckons.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Afternoon Losers!

An interesting day so far, but had a nice dinner at M&S with some friends. It wasn't fun walking back to the car in the snow/rain. I got soaked.

I think the afternoon will consist of me doing nothing but drying off.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Prior to house moving blah i have cleared out the loft and am eyeing up the garage and shed but the weather has kiboshed that!

Apart from that i got nowt.

toodles!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Been for a walk in the lakes, hair froze, survived. Now to eat, bath kids then drink whisky.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    The Rookie wrote:
    Morning Cruddites.......

Had to put in a concrete base for a new shed yesterday to house the latest addition to the The Rookies arc, a rabbit.

500kg dry weight of concrete mixed and laid in a day,
    How big is that rabbit?!? :shock:
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:
    Morning Cruddites.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCI18qAoKq4
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Veronese68 wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:
    Morning Cruddites.......

About 18" when 'squatting', the pen we have is 6'x3' so the base is a bit bigger than that and about 4" thick.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.