Genesis Team Zero

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,348
edited June 2016 in Your road bikes
16540649855_03ae3de38c_c.jpg

Genesis Team Zero Frame built up with kit off the old one thanks to a rebate from HMRC when I moved abroad

- Thomson Cockpit
- SRAM Red/Force drivetrain with Rival brakes
- Fulcrum Racing 3 wheels set up tubeless with Schwalbe Ones

Just need a tax break from the Dutch and I ll put Ui2 on it!
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    very nice indeed.
  • Lovely. Been toying with the idea of building one of these up myself. How does it ride?
  • That's really handsome looking.

Man those bars are DEEP, or is that just the angle or fish-eye lens?
    The titifers have sung their song.

Now it's time for sleep.
  • Thumbs up, nice work
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Like it - 8/10.

Would be higher score with a different (non-bent) seatpost and a trimmed steerer.
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Quite like the bike but I could never ride/own one unfortunately.
  • DavidJB wrote:
    B/c you might alienate your main sponsor, Mr. Colnago? Or you don't like the monopoly Madison has?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    DavidJB wrote:
    B/c you might alienate your main sponsor, Mr. Colnago? Or you don't like the monopoly Madison has?

Because I'm in races where the Madison Genesis team compete and it would be a bit weird to be riding their bike...bit like Scunthorpe utd players turning up to Old Trafford with Man utd shorts on.

I ride a Wilier so if 'Mr Colnago' is sponsoring me then I'm still waiting for my free bike...

Anyway detracting from the OP...nice bike!
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    My LBS has one in stock. Fabulous looking bike.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • ddraver
    hector88 wrote:
    Lovely. Been toying with the idea of building one of these up myself. How does it ride?

Good - I came from a cheap ribble alu frame and a fork like spaghetti so anything carbon is going to feel good. But a few more knowledgeable people have had a small spin and have liked it too. There was a CN review of it that was glowing too (happily)

The bars are very deep yes. Being an ex-rugby player i need 56cm bars and for some reason they all seem to be deep. Good for Holland though...

Steerer needs trimming obvoulsy but I ll wait until I'm sure that everything is right first. Oh and the seat post looks awesome you maniac! ;)
    - @ddraver
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    56cm? That's wider than MTB isn't it?
  • ddraver
    46 sorry, I always make that mistake...
    - @ddraver
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    I like it. what does it weigh?
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • I like it as well.......but the seat post? Meh!
  • ddraver
    I like it. what does it weigh?

You should! ;)

No idea, Ive not got the facilities to weigh it
    - @ddraver
  • Weight will be knocking on the door of 7kg easy. Probably UCI. Built model with DA9000 is 7.28kg.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • xcMuttley
    xcMuttley Posts: 434
    Such a nice bike. I would like to say im not jealous but there aren't many things i wouldn't give to race that! (I mean it, choose a limb and its yours)
    Check out my blog for my views and reviews: http://memylifeandmybike.blogspot.co.uk/
  • hector88
    hector88 Posts: 44
    Sat on the bike with some stock components yesterday... should be getting built up properly next week. Excited.
  • ddraver
    Final set up... covered in Flandrian mud!17040415646_187ca3c841_c.jpg
    - @ddraver
  • bluemoon17
    bluemoon17 Posts: 718
    Hi there, just bought one of these. Just wondering if you have any knowledge of tyre clearances- how wide can you go without getting rub?

Thanks.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,581
    Bluemoon17 wrote:
    Hi there, just bought one of these. Just wondering if you have any knowledge of tyre clearances- how wide can you go without getting rub?

Thanks.

I've got 25mm GP4000s on Archetypes. Enough clearance although I have occasionally had issues with small stones getting stuck between the tyre and the underside of the rear brake causing the back wheel to jam. The frame is marketed as being suitable for 25mm tyres. I suspect that 28s would be pushing it a bit.

Here's my build with the same frame...
    viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13026001
  • bluemoon17
    bluemoon17 Posts: 718
    MrB123 wrote:
    Bluemoon17 wrote:

Thanks.

I've got 25mm GP4000s on Archetypes. Enough clearance although I have occasionally had issues with small stones getting stuck between the tyre and the underside of the rear brake causing the back wheel to jam. The frame is marketed as being suitable for 25mm tyres. I suspect that 28s would be pushing it a bit.

Here's my build with the same frame...
    viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13026001

Sweet, thanks for that!