Cannondale Supersix Evo Hi-mod new build

dogsnadgers
dogsnadgers Posts: 12
edited March 2015 in Your road bikes
Hi, not even ridden this yet, can't wait for the better weather, it's the frame of my dreams, I may upgrade the Zondas at some stage but they are great value for money. Hope you like?!
Dave

FullSizeRender.jpg

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Nice.. indeed, but avoid Knowsley safa....
  • lol, bit zebra like you mean?! Bit difficult with a black and white frame to introduce other colours!
  • Nice that bar tape, not planning many long rides with only one bottle cage?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • I have two, just haven't put the other one on yet, theres a few early season races that you don't need two bottles for so will wait a while yet!
  • boblo
    boblo Posts: 360
    I've a CAADX in black and white, it's nearly as loud as that... :D
  • Ber Nard
    Ber Nard Posts: 827
    Nice. Lever position on the bars spoils it for me aesthetically but if it works for you then it doesn't matter. I reckon a white with black saddle would make it look even better.

Looks incredibly fast.
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    Mike Giant for Cinelli does some great bar tape that would look awesome on that build. Not that your stuff isn't nice. Great bike that

cinelli-x-mike-giant-velvet-ribbon-bar-tape.jpg
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • Gosh you really need to unwrap your bars and move your brake levers higher. They look v difficult to ride on the tops b/c they're pointing down - it does make it easier to brake in the drops however.

If you think your reach will feel too short were you to move them up, then perhaps a longer or lower stem is in order...
    The titifers have sung their song.

Now it's time for sleep.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    First time I've seen Cinelli splash bar tape on a bike and not thought 'sweet Jesus no, take it off'. Just more of a 'hmmm. Not too keen'.

That Mike Giant tape would look good, as would the White Fizik with the black Fizik writing.

Good to see Campag on there, looks perfect, although shifter position detracts aesthetically.

Some Red Fulcrum Zeros from a couple of years ago would look ace!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • A perfect match!

PTJ05DP-SS15-Product-01.jpg_MEDIUM
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • I like the lever position. Not too far removed from my own. The tape brings back memories of Gateway 2000 PCs
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    That's fantastic. Thumbs up for the Campag build.

The lever position certainly wouldn't work for me, but everyone is different!
  • I have always had the levers low, they are higher than they were on my previous bike! I may try moving them up a bit, I'm using a hire bike this weekend (abroad) so I will see what that is like as no doubt the levers will be in a more conventional position.
    Thanks for the positive comments, I may look at some different bar tape and I do have some black and white clothing but not as loud as the jersey above!
    Dave
  • Ignore 'em about the levers.
    sean-yates-wears-yellow-1994-tour-de-france.jpg
    Didn't seem to spoil his ability too much. 8)

I get so envious when I see race bikes set up like this, stem slammed, a mile of seatpost and proper gruppo... makes my back and neck hurt just looking at them.. :lol:

Well done that man.
    If you think your reach will feel too short were you to move them up, then perhaps a longer or lower stem is in order...
    Looks plenty long already, 120 or 130 at least? Could go lower, but there's already a big saddle to bar drop...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Okay, so I have changed the bottle cages as I didn't like the white Cannondale ones and the bar tape, (not sure if I shouldn't have gone for white though), so I moved the levers up on the bars as well and the position is spot on. First proper ride on it today, it's smooth, much more comfortable than my previous alloy/carbon frame but its damn quick, especially on the hills, now all I need to do is lose another half stone and get fit!

Cannondale.jpg[/URL]